Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
We are hiring a Senior Technology Controls Analyst to join the Technology Integrity Group within the Chief Technology Office. They will ensure the Technology Architecture Management (TAM) Policy, processes and controls are complete, accurate and aligned with both Enterprise Business Process Management and the Technology Control Framework methodologies. A major focus of their role will be to understand, improve, mature, and automate Architecture processes and controls. A key characteristic of this role is their independence from managing a control, process, or service. This Separation of Duties allows the Process and Control team to be unbiased in their assessments of the controls, processes and services.
This role is posted as a Senior Technology Controls Analyst; however, the Wells Fargo job title is Technology Business Services Senior Associate.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) across business process and technology control frameworks in close collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure process documentation is complete and accurate and controls are properly designed to achieve goals and objectives.
- Architecture Controls Maturation: understand the control landscape and provide recommendations to mature and automate controls
- Process and Controls Management: support architecture and business process improvement, controls, policies, and governance
o Identify, design, and implement process and procedure improvements
o Perform gap analysis, testing, mapping, and metrics/scorecard maintenance of controls to monitor performance
o Annual process and controls inventory
o Assuring the integrity and data quality of process information in the enterprise process repository
- Evaluate the effectiveness of processes, controls, and policies
- Perform root cause analysis and research to understand issues
- Assist in developing plans for remediation and a path to compliance
- Evidence and Documentation including collection, automation, review, and remediation
- Exceptions Process and Compliance Management:
o Monitoring of policy exceptions within PEMS and execution of consequence model.
o Assist in facilitating exception management by ensuring the distribution of Consequence Model communications, Consequence Model SharePoint list maintenance and evidencing the associated controls within the Control Scorecard.
o Ensure effective compliance management including reviewing rules and regulations, published white papers, past audits and other frameworks taking a proactive approach to stay on top of direction and areas of change.
- Articulate findings and recommendations to all relevant stakeholders up to senior leadership
Selected candidate will be required to work within one of the following Wells Fargo locations: St. Louis-MO; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines-IA; Chandler, AZ; or San Francisco, CA. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to one of these locations. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- 7+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of process design or improvement experience
- Experience managing multiple medium technology development efforts within a major line of business
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Experience conducting root cause analysis for data-driven process-related improvements
- Experience assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures and processes (includes compliance and operational controls within a large complex organization)
- Advanced understanding of IT industry frameworks including ITIL, IT4IT, COBIT
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- JIRA experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience defining processes and controls in support of IT Service Management
- Experience with Documentum
- Understanding of architecture frameworks like TOGAF
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.