We are Gamemakers.
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What We Need
We are looking for a Senior VFX Artist to craft diverse and rich content. Work with the design team to add punch and satisfaction to combat, with the environment team to help our world come alive and with engineers to create a rich toolset that will take our team to the next level. Be ready to jump in and solve problems all while maintaining a positive attitude. Unreal Engine 4 brings a myriad of possibilities that await your skill and imagination. Join a passionate and experienced team who are looking to expand capacity and push the boundaries of possibility.
What You Will Do
- Implement dynamic VFX that communicates gameplay and wow our players
- Drive content within the scope outlined by the Lead or Art Director
- Create high quality, stylized and hand-drawn textures for VFX assets
- Work within a team to bring a sense of life to otherwise static worlds
- Work autonomously with minimal feedback and the ability to self-critique
- Use advanced VFX techniques and technical know-how to push the team further
- Craft fantastical effects, yet still be able to suspend disbelief
- mentor developing VFX artists
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
You are passionate about advancing your skills, pushing the boundaries of what effects can do in games, and always on the hunt for new VFX techniques. You like mathematics, love to solve logic problems and when you encounter a challenge you persevere like a terrier until you find a solution. And you always find a solution.
- VFX artist with 7 + years of experience in the games or film industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of visual effects terminology and techniques
- Good sense of timing and weight with regard to effects
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience; Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, Blender, EmberGen, Houdini would be an advantage.
- Expertise using UE/5 and its Niagara VFX System
- An eye for recreating natural phenomena
- Comfortable with Mathematical and node-based systems
- Managerial experience is desired
- A passion for video games
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
By clicking on this link, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.