URGENT—ready to interview/start all remotely given the Covid-19 Crisis!
Menlo Park, CA (Partial to Full Remote Optional for this ROLE, even after the Covid-19 Crisis!!)
Open Rate/based on experience
Kelly IT is currently working directly with The Director of IT, Applications and Platform Development for a local United States Department of Energy National Laboratory operated by local private university under the programmatic direction of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science located in Menlo Park, California. They perform research centered on a broad program in atomic and solid-state physics, chemistry, biology, and medicine using X-rays from synchrotron radiation and a free-electron laser as well as experimental and theoretical research in elementary particle physics, astroparticle physics, and cosmology!! This director has been outsourcing their critical ServiceNow Development for over 4 years now and wants to bring that in-house and have a consultant, eventually convert into a permanent mainstay and resource for their on-going highly critical and complex ServiceNow development and maintanence.
As their dedicated Service Now Developer you will be a part of their Computing Division dedicated to providing world-class technology and IT services to the organization as a whole. As a member of the Platform and Development Computing team the ServiceNow Developer will be responsible for architecting, developing and implementing solutions on their ServiceNow platform. The Service Now Developer will also collaborate with colleagues across the organization (business analysts, system administrators, service owners, and end users) to design and develop solutions and address general updates, enhancements and defect fixes.
ServiceNow Developer specific responsibilities include:
• Execute all programming tasks, including programming, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining computer programs. Work on systems of moderate size and complexity or segments of larger systems.
• Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
• Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system tradeoffs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
• Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed
• Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work
• Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity
• Serve as a technical resource for applications, both with end users and peers
• Compare, evaluate, implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into the computing environment
• Follow team software development methodology, specifically, Using ServiceNow best practices, develop, configure, and support work process functionality per SLAC IT policies and standards.
• Mentor lower level software developers
• Other duties may also be assigned
ServiceNow Developer Skill Required:
• Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
• Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
• Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
• Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
• Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
• Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
• Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
• Knowledge of application domain.
• ITSM, Demand management, GRC (Audit, Risk, Compliance), Nuvolo, Change management, Knowledge, SDLC scrum, Project, Service catalog, Configuration (CMDB), Asset, Survey, Reports, Performance analytics, Service catalog, Custom applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of security protocols and setting up ServiceNow ACL access control.
• Ability to manage shared resources and perform moderately complex tasks.
• Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
• Experience with London and Madrid versions
• Demonstrated experience with developing on the ServiceNow platform, using the following tools:
• Content management and Service Portal
• Forms and Form Designer
• Workflows and Flow Designer
• Integrations with other systems via web services APIs: REST and SOAP
• Data import and export using the following: Oracle JDBC, Remote File Import, Import sets and Export sets
ServiceNow Developer preferred Requirements Include:
• Automated Test Framework
• Studio IDE
• ITIL Foundation certification
ServiceNow Developer Certifications and Licenses:
• ServiceNow Certified Application Developer, required
• ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, strongly preferred
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist, strongly preferred
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.