Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) serves the communities within Orange and Los Angeles counties in Southern California. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient - driven model. At OCMG, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work. OptumCare Medical Group is now part of Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group.
The Site Administrator (Regional Clinic Ops) will manage clinical operations for one or more OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) site which may include primary care, specialist, procedures, urgent care centers, centralized processes, regional projects, or newly acquired/established practices. Responsibilities may include matrixed leadership, strategic planning and managing all daily clinic operations related to patient care according to OCMG clinical practice standards, and established policies and procedures.
This role may also direct, supervise and coordinate staff and activities to provide quality and effective patient care. Foster effective and courteous communication with providers, staff, OCMG support team, vendors, and administration on all related matters to clinical operations. This role also has responsibility for improving clinic operations to optimize financial and quality performance and increase provider productivity. The responsibility includes supervision of operationally-related oversight of clinic staff in collaboration with the assigned physician site lead.
In partnership with Director of Operations, this role will be responsible for:
- Support the Director of Operations and fellow Site Administrators to lead regional operations for OCMG practices with direct responsibility for one clinic, a regional call center with centralized services, multiple regional projects, and reasonable duties as assigned based on operational needs
- Support Practice Managers in a matrixed or direct reporting relationship to ensure their success as well as the success of the organization
- Overall practice management and administration of assigned clinic(s) and supervision of clinical staff to ensure efficient and responsive patient workflow
- Implement operating policies and procedures, quality assurance plans, and work standards according to OCMG’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Provide direct supervision of staff, ensuring high quality patient care. Hold staff accountable to established policies and procedures consistently ensuring a patient centric culture
- Serve as key problem-solving resource for staff on operational issues
- Accountable for clinic performance (e.g., quality control, regulatory standards, financial, patient satisfaction/experience, scheduling/staffing, budgeting, and billing)
- In partnership with senior leadership team and IT, implement the technology integration strategy to include implementation of EHR, practice management systems, and training support
- Maintain compliance with established governmental regulations, health care industry requirements/standards, policies and procedures, safety, environmental and infection control, codes, and requirements of accreditation agencies
- Consistently audit the standard Operational and Clinical processes to identify and remediate areas of poor performance
- Mentor clinic staff and conduct succession planning efforts
- Consistent presence in the practice setting during regular business hours unless previously arranged with Regional Director
- Other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, maybe defined or assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years managerial, supervisory or leadership experience, with 5 years of progressive healthcare experience (roles the demonstrate understanding of healthcare operations, insurance and medical terminology, coding, collections, and federal/state laws governing medical compliance)
- Prior experience working with an electronic health record and billing system, including data and vendor management
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Master's Degree in nursing, healthcare administration, public health, or other healthcare related
- Experience in healthcare operations including physician practices, hospitals, urgent care, or other ambulatory clinics
- Able to maintain professional demeanor at all times, and de-escalate potentially inflammatory situations
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with staff, and to anticipate and resolve obstacles related to care delivery
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinic Practice Manager, Urgent Care, primary care, clinic manager, Practice Manager, Medical Office, Bachelor degree, RN, supervisor, ambulatory setting, medical terminology, EMR, Vendor management, medical management, orange county medical group, Optum care medical group, Ladera Ranch, Mission Viejo, CA, Orange, CA, Anaheim, CA, California