We are hiring a System's Developer. Job specs are listed below. If interested, please get back with me ASAP.
Through 1/12/2022 and could possibly go longer
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
W2 hourly rate
Mainframe resource with advanced and proven skills in COBOL and DB2 who can quickly learn AMS system in preparation for the adding new facility types in AMS for the Reorg changes. AMS is a large complex Mainframe system and this resource is intended to backfill for the San Mateo AMS senior developers who retired this year. We are looking forward for someone who can start immediately and if possibly has a security clearance and working remotely is an option
Develops specifications for systems programming activities.
- Develops and modifies software programs for the operating system.
- Develops logic for and encodes, tests, modifies and debugs software packages to suit the operating environment.
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements systems related modifications. Installs and maintains software products on the computer system.
- Analyzes and fixes problems associated with the software packages and forwards them to appropriate vendors for problem resolution.
- Monitors systems and corrects any errors or inconsistencies.
- Performs all functional duties independently.
- Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems (e.g. Unix, Linux, Windows);
- Extensive experience with designing, coding, testing, degugging and implementing system software solutions;
- Extensive experience installing and maintaining Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and vendor software on multiple operating systems;
- Extensive experience monitoring installed software packages, troubleshooting software problems, documenting them, and working with applicable vendors to resolve them.