Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
We are currently seeking a qualified Software Engineer for the Wells Fargo’s Digital Payments team to develop innovative best-in-industry micro-services utilized by internal and external clients providing financial services to millions of customers. Digital Payments Software Engineers are part of an agile team, partnering with groups worldwide, to solve challenging and interesting technical problems.
This position is part of Digital group under Consumer and Small Business Banking Technology that manages Wells Fargo Retail Online Banking serving 40+ million customers 24/7/365 days. Our Mission is to support our company’s Vision & Values by delivering; maintaining and supporting high quality software solutions that provide our customers with outstanding digital experiences helping them manage their financial needs.
In this position, Software Engineer must be specialized in building highly scalable, distributed, event-driven, fault-tolerant, API-based enterprise applications in a scaled agile ecosystem. Software Engineer must have Core Payment Domain experience and built Payment APIs with idempotency to ensure payments get executed only once. Candidate will apply Wells Fargo Digital Banking coding practices to test-drive the creation of micro-services with Java, J2EE, JUnit, Spring, RESTful services. The engineer participates in the growth of a framework that has to deliver 20+ million daily user sessions to very large set of devices used by our diverse customer base, from the oldest web browser to the newest smart watch.
The engineer will contribute new ideas to improve processes, practices and culture. Digital Payment engineers are given the opportunity to innovate and experiment with new technology, encouraged to participate in contests & hackathons along with presenting the ideas to other organizations.
This position is NOT ELIGIBLE for relocation assistance. Prospective candidates should reside in and/or around the target site location or be able to commute to the site for employment.
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5 + years of Java Web Services experience
- 5+ years of JavaEE experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Ability to design, develop, and implement large scale/complex software applications
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- An industry-standard technology certification
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive experience working Java 8 and beyond
- Worked with Open API 3.0
- Worked with JSON schema
- Experience in building RESTful services with JAX-RS
- Worked with build automation tool like Maven or Gradle
- 2+ years of MongoDB experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.