W2 Contract Only - 12 Months
Location: Remote for now
* Work with business analysts and computational scientists to understand and conceptualize the complex, emerging needs of our scientists, whether they are working at the keyboard or the bench.
* Collaboratively and pragmatically solve scientific software engineering challenges encountered at the forefront of genomics, particularly those related to the scalable storage, collaborative analysis and interactive visualization of large, multi-omics datasets.
* Plan and prioritize complex scientific software projects in conjunction with collaborators, steering committees and other stakeholders.
* Lead local and off-shore engineering teams to support your software development efforts.
* Effectively communicate strategies, ideas, goals and progress to departmental, cross-functional and senior management.
* Contribute to the broader scientific community through open-source software development.
* BS or higher in bioinformatics, computer science or related field.
* 5+ years experience (including any graduate school) developing tools for data analysis. Seniority of position will depend on experience and other factors.
* Experience supporting data science activities using FAIR data management and reproducible practices.
* Adept at object-oriented programming, with proficiency in R, Python, C++ or Java.
* Familiar with a popular high-level language used in data science, such as Python or R.
* Expertise in operating on large data, such as data stored in relational and non-relational databases, array stores, HDF5 files or parquet files.
* Demonstrated adherence to best practices in software engineering, particularly usability, version control, testing, and appropriate use of abstraction.
*Demonstrated ability to lead heterogeneous engineering teams and interface with domain experts and users.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate about complex bioinformatics problems to peers, users and leadership.
* Biological domain knowledge and basic data analysis skills are desirable but not required.
* Familiarity with formal build/release/deploy and continuous integration frameworks (e.g., Jenkins) is a plus.
* You are enthusiastic about working in a scientific environment, especially one that is related to drug discovery and development.
* You are a quick learner, are curious about new areas and the opportunity to build expertise, and courageously and creatively take initiative to see your ideas implemented.
* You are attracted by the challenges of developing software that solves universal problems in bioinformatics.
* You are able to perform at a high level in a fast changing and demanding environment.
*You are pragmatic about the tradeoffs between features, quality, and timeliness.
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)