Robert Half is seeking a Software Engineer who will have the opportunity to support and learn various platforms. At Robert Half you will analyze, design, program, debug, test, implement and modify software enhancements and/or new applications used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Able to code effectively on any component within an end to end system (db, middleware, front end).
- Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
- Define integration test strategy and plan.
- Analyze and resolve highly complex production issues defining approach and guidelines as required to resolve issue.
- Build and implement tools and frameworks to automate and monitor deployments for our applications and infrastructure.
- Install and manage software and services to meet application requirements.
- Monitor systems health, diagnose and remediate issues.
- Monitor and Implement security measures for the protection of systems, networks, and information.
- Automate various routine tasks.
- Automate testing efforts using open-source tools.
- Work with external teams to support system integration requirements.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting, including experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
- 2+ years of demonstrated ability to successfully work with Cloud architectures (AWS preferred)
- 2+ years experience managing Linux/Windows infrastructure
- Understanding of and experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment patterns and tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and applications
- Experience with web-based .net/J2EE architectures
- A solid understanding of integrations, particularly using RESTful APIs
- Exposure to Open Source Test Automation Frameworks (Selenium, Robot Framework, Apache JMeter.. )
- Experience or exposure to container-based runtimes and orchestration such as Docker and Kubernetes (desired).
- Experience in developing serverless applications (desired).
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- A commitment to security best practices
- A passion for automation and process improvement
- Ability and eagerness to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong personal and professional initiative with a focus on the success of the team and organization
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP