Requisition ID: 77752
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Software Engineer Associate will work on cross-functional teams to develop/drive software applications and digital tools to meet AndGo objectives - Consulting with experts (when needed) on the appropriate software designs/techniques required. This position will recognize/identify problems while also improving upon defined strategies to achieve a higher-level of performance objectives. Additionally, the incumbent will contribute to reaching project milestones with a quick iterative approach to learning as well as provide compelling direction and logical conclusions for progress towards engineering milestones (both verbal and written).
AndGo by Goodyear operates in over 15 cities in the United States (U.S.), with plans to further expand in the US and globally. AndGo is a platform enabled service that offers vehicle servicing to new mobility companies (e.g. car sharing, ride hailing, electric vehicles and autonomous mobility). In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for designing, engineering and operating a new business for Goodyear.
- Develop/Test enhancements, bug fixes and new features for software applications.
- Analyze/Design new features/enhancements - Working closely with our Product/Design partners and Senior Engineers.
- Provide support for our application and users by triaging, resolving or escalating issues reported by users or by system monitors/alerts.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field required, Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field desired
- 1 or more years of experience delivering applications - Working on an Agile Software Development team(s)
- Experience translating feature requirements and design specifications into technical use cases
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable on the fundamentals of software design (algorithms and data structures)
- Understanding of continuous integration (CI)/continuous development (CD) processes/tools
- Ability to translate feature requirements and technical design into a working implementation
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.