Software Engineer, Full Stack
Join a small but rapidly growing startup developing exciting new technology in genomics. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will transform the future of medical and life sciences!
We are seeking a full-stack engineer with solid experience designing and developing applications in modern web technology stacks. You will develop web applications that enable scientists and engineers to explore and visualize large and complex datasets. As an early member of a small team, you will make fundamental contributions to our software design and implementation. This position is full-time based in Newark, California.
- Conceptualize, design, develop, test, and deploy scalable web applications for tracking and visualizing complex engineering and scientific data and workflows.
- Implement well designed and high-quality software in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Work with product engineers and data scientists to spec out new software features.
- Collaborate across teams on priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing web applications.
- Experience with user-interface design and developing front-end using React.
- Experience writing server-side business logic in NodeJS.
- Experience with C# .NET web development.
- Hands-on experience with relational or NoSQL databases.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with AWS services (e.g., Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, S3).
- Experience with scientific data visualization.