Software Engineer III
Robert Half is seeking a Software Engineer III who will analyze, design, program, debug, test, implement and modify software enhancements and/or new applications used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Completes SDLC documentation, and procedures for all phases of software development lifecycle. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Supports launched applications in the production environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop large and complex modules and components of larger system designs. Completely develop low to medium complexity systems.
- Able to code effectively on any component within an end to end system (db, middleware, front end).
- Perform code review on Level I and Level II staff modules and components.
- Has approval authority for Level I and Level II staff deliverables.
- Design large and complex modules and components of larger system designs. Completely design low to medium complexity systems.
- Perform design reviews for Level I and Level II staff designs and provides feedback and design support.
- Has design authority at module level for system design.
- Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
- Reviews unit test plan and results for Level I and Level II staff.
- Define integration test strategy and plan.
- Analyze and resolve highly complex production issues defining approach and guidelines as required to resolve issue.
- Level III support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting, including:
- 2+ years experience mentoring and leading junior software engineers.
- Experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
- Excellent knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent knowledge of n-tiered architecture
- 5 + years experience writing/modifying programs for a mid to large size application
- 5+ years experience administering and/or configuring an application
- Excellent knowledge DB concepts
- Good knowledge of XML interfaces and Web Services
- Basis knowledge of network concepts
- Proficient with (4-8 years relevant or related experience) required:
- App Engine
- Integration Broker
- Component Interface
- Web Services
- PeopleSoft Payroll or Billing/AR
- Shell scripting
- Highly desired (possibly required) depending on specific position:
- Strong debugging and development skills on Windows and UNIX
- Oracle DB performance tuning
- Other Integration technologies
- Java programming skills
- PeopleSoft Benefits, PeopleSoft Time and Labor
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP