Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineer for our Commercial Card Technology team. This role is both an individual contributor as well as a technology lead who acts as a subject matter expert who will develop and deliver solutions for highly complex business problems, using strong design and technical skills. The team member will perform various functions which include:
- Working in an collaborative environment with business users and other technology partners.
- Identifying important emerging technologies and leads in analysis of their benefits and impact.
- Providing technical design, solution consultation and support in the development of web/service applications and programs.
- Analyzing business requirements, designs, writes functional system and technical specifications.
- Leading projects, assigns development tasks, provides directions and guidances to team members.
- Verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of good quality of code, best practices, testing strategy and debugging of programs.
- Hands-on programming, unit testing and building high quality code that is manageable, reliable and maintainable.
- Developing DevOps process.
- Developing new documentation and participates in the development of department technical procedures.
- Provideing guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or system problems.
- Assuring quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Being responsible for maintaining SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) compliance and manage risks.
- Providing ongoing support for Commercial Card applications incremental and business as usual efforts.
Interested candidates must willing to work out of our San Leandro, CA location. No other locations will be considered at this time.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of experience with Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot
- 5+ years of Weblogic experience
- 5+ years of experience with continuous integration tools such as Anthill or Jenkins
- 4+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 4+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) tools
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 3+ years of Autosys experience
- 3+ years of secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies experience
- 3+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of banking and payment applications
- Technical ability to provide oversight for the deliverables of other team members
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
CA-San Leandro: 794 Davis St - San Leandro, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.