Ref ID: 00410-0011735208
Classification: Sr. Accountant
Compensation: $35.00 to $43.00 hourly
A San Francisco based Higher Education Institution is seeking a detailed-oriented Senior Accountant with strong analytical skills to join the Controller's Office team to provide support for the Institute's financial operations. Will be responsible to maintain and reconcile various financial and accounting data, including but not limited to restricted fund accounts, government and private grants, accounting adjustments and bank reconciliations. We are looking for a candidate who can successfully assist in our monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes. If you can demonstrate the ability to prepare comprehensive financial reports, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and can demonstrate an understanding of accounting and finance principles and standards, then we want to hear from you.
Key Essential Duties include the following:
- Monthly review and reconciliation on restricted accounts activities. Interface with appropriate Institutional directors, department staff and outside individuals/agencies for issues, questions and other concerns on the various restricted accounts.
- Responsible for the monthly review, and reconciliation of activities for government and private grants. Preparation of quarterly and annual grant reports for federal, state, local and private agencies. Coordinate with and prepare informational reports for the various grants.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of student receivable accounts, including maintaining the inter-company transactions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for minor bank accounts owned by the Institute.
- Assist in various surveys and studies for higher education reporting.
- Research and prepare journal entries for all re-class and charge back request.