Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role as Senior Capability Manager you will be responsible for the analysis, setup and delivery of specific complex program(s), services, functions, and solutions internally/externally and/or as a supporting element of a product. You will work with the leadership, capability and scrum teams to define and manage the program backlog and roadmap, and ensure the backlog aligns to strategic vision. Capability management requires alignment to business, technology and/or product strategy, effective design and development, and ongoing management of programs. The Senior Capability Manager will mitigate risks before they occur, resolve issues and escalate to the leadership team when appropriate. You will enable a successful capability and/or internal business function performance, while helping driving adoption with internal business clients and helping to define future capability direction that supports business strategy and new opportunities.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead assigned program and drive prior authorization capability vision, strategy, priority, roadmap, execution and engage appropriate stakeholders to enable awareness and alignment
- Accountable for the program / capability and its usage across businesses using a defined development process until transition
- Manage / own ongoing capability performance, expansion, roadmap, schedule, actions / issues / risks
- Drive engagement and partner with leadership and stakeholders to enable successful prioritization, development, delivery, and adoption of program / capability within agreed upon scope, schedule, and quality. Ensure deliverables are on track
- Serve as the program / capability champion and apply deep expertise to credibly represent, manage and engage with business(es) while collaborating across and communicate with a myriad of internal and external stakeholders across the Program
- Coach / mentor other capability managers, analysts, and scrum team members to drive delivery in a team oriented environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience communicating with and presenting to senior / executive leadership
- 4+ years of health care industry experience with emphasis on prior authorization
- 2+ years of experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with gaining acceptance for ideas, plans, actions and then implement across org boundaries
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Visio
- Proven ability to manage relationships and influence others without formal authority
- Strategic thinking with the ability to align resources, strategies and business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Ability to achieve goals in an ambiguous in matrixed environment
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate teamwork and collaborate with management and stakeholders
- Confident and pro-active self-started, skilled in taking initiative, experience with driving programs
- Demonstrate a high degree of adaptability, comfortable in establishing new directions, managing rapid change, and trying different approaches to deal with unchartered territories
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Drive results with disciplined follow through
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Capability Manager, Prior Authorizations OptumRx, Scrum Team, Scrum, Program Manager, Product Manager, Agile, Agile Methodology, Analytical, Analysis, Analyst, Project Management, PMP, Project Manager, Minnetonka, MN, Minnetonka, Dallas, TX, Texas, Orlando, FL, Florida, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting