We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital and innovative projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in greater Minnetonka area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for developing and managing reporting solutions and delivery, both in the planning and design of new solutions to support Government Programs Pharmacy Analytics as well as ongoing management, production support and monitoring, and accountability for those solutions
- Responsible for developing self-service reporting capabilities by working closely with our business stakeholders from our Government Programs business
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, Developers and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements and vet out any ambiguities
- Must be self-directed and creative in resolution of what can be considered complex issues
- Ensure a quality work product by adhering to quality standards developed by team
- Encourage processes that increase productivity by improvement of people, process, tools, and technology; mentor and train staff on efficient and effective use of SAS techniques
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills as this position will be required to coordinate and communicate directly with stakeholders
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Custom or adhoc reporting asks from Government Programs business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Finance or related field) and 5 years related, progressive, post-baccalaureate experience
- 3+ years of Proficiency working with SAS business analytic software required (programming and writing Proc SQL and Base SAS)
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to gather business requirements
- Program support, monitoring and issue resolution
- Proven ability to meet deadlines when given multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Motivated self-starter with curiosity, attention to detail, and ability to effectively handle change
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 2+ years of proficiency working with business intelligence software such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Demonstrated experience with development of data models, including predictive models
- Experience working with production environments
- Pharmacy and health claim analytics experience
- Experience with open source technologies such as Python and R
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, and/or the Individual Health Exchange
- Familiarity with CMS Star Ratings
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Data Analytics Consultant, UHC M & R, Government Programs Pharmacy, Senior, Data, Analyst, Analysis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Tableau, SAS, SQL, Dataviz, Visualization, Alteryx, Consultant, Analytics, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home