Requisition ID # 86321
Job Category : Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level : Senior Director
Business Unit: Ethics & Compliance
The Enterprise Compliance and Ethics Department (C&E) provides infrastructure and guidance to help PG&E departments and employees to conduct business in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and procedures and to effectively manage business, compliance and operational risks that face the organization. C&E aims to work collaboratively with other departments and programs to pursue holistic and integrated approaches to managing risks related to compliance and ethics. This include setting company-wide strategies for creating a speak up culture and tone needed for an ethically run business. The department also aims to foster a culture that reflects our values and behaviors and promote a transparent process and environment where appropriate conduct is expected and unethical behavior is not tolerated and addressed promptly.
The Senior Director of Corporate Compliance and Employee Oversight will provide enterprise leadership and critical compliance oversight in various areas, including: development and improvement of processes, procedures, metrics, and integrations related to C&E’s Employee Conduct and Investigations Program; high-profile engagements with critical external stakeholders, including the federal monitor, criminal probation office, and other regulatory entities; consistent integration of external and internal lessons and observations across the enterprise. This leader will also engage in and support interactions with the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors on salient issues related to external stakeholders and internal oversight programs.
The Sr. Director, Company and Employee Oversight reports to the VP, Compliance and Ethics and Deputy General Counsel.
- Oversee company-wide Employee Conduct and Investigations Program, and drive improvements to help prevent, detect and respond to non-compliant behavior and misconduct.
- Drive engagement with key external stakeholders (including the federal monitor and probation office, relevant CPUC staff and other observers) and associated governance strategy and processes.
- Drive a culture of transparency, collaboration, accountability, rigor, and continuous improvement via internal and external oversight programs and related cross-functional interactions.
- Prepare and present materials related to external and internal stakeholders to PG&E’s Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors, as appropriate.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in job-related field or equivalent years of related experience
- 10 years of relevant experience to include at least three years of leadership
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school (strongly desired)
- Licensed to practice law in California or able to register as In-House Counsel
- At least 15 years of increased responsibility and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to shape, resource and execute strategy
- Experience with external monitors, regulators, and other key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of, and experience with internal and/or external investigations
- Cross functional collaboration experience with the ability to influence in matrixed reporting structures
- Significant experience in a regulated industry is strongly preferred with a focus on leading compliance or leading a legal function in a complex regulatory environment
- Recognized thought leader and ability to influence a strong speak up company culture
- Significant experience in project and performance management in a heavily matrixed organization
- Experience in structuring and improving large scale processes and related control procedures
- Experience advising and making presentations to Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Utility experience, to include gas and electric