This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr Director, Marketing Operations for Individual & Family (IFP) plans is responsible for leading the effective delivery of the Marketing portfolio of experience, digital, campaign, and communications deliverables. Success for this leader will be measured by timely delivery of projects, on/under budget management, and ongoing team business process optimizations. This leader will be responsible for managing the overall IFP Marketing team portfolio of work for strategic prioritization, capacity planning, timing & actions, and project management, working in coordination with the IFP PMO. This team’s work is highly cross-functional to ensure Go to Market Readiness including review and signoffs with creative, technical, legal, and regulatory constituencies. Through process and technology, the leader will also establish a Content Governance process managing who and when assets are utilized by internal and external parties. The IFP Marketing budgets and expenses will also be managed by this leader for efficient spend on agreed on priorities. This role requires expertise in digital projects, marketing campaign management, budget management, and cross-functional project management. This role requires action orientation, strong organizational skills, and strong communication skills.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
IFP Marketing Portfolio & Budget Management
- Create and lead process for determining and implementing marketing initiatives that will drive the highest business growth
- Deliver marketing priorities through resource planning, forecasting, and management
- Work with IFP PMO and Finance to coordinate Marketing portfolio with overall IFP programs
Marketing Go to Market Readiness
- Create, manage, and report on master marketing timing & actions and cross-functional timing & action coordination
- Create and maintain tracking and reporting tools to monitor project status and success
- Pro-actively scan and triage for project hurdles and issues
- Drive regular (daily – annual) processes to ensure coordination and delivery of agreed on projects within Marketing team and with cross-functional partners
Trafficking & Content Governance
- Design and deliver processes for efficient and timely reviews with internal and external creative, technical, legal, and regulatory teams
- Create and lead processes for reviews and signoffs with IFP leadership
- Determine and implement collaboration and workflow management tools for content and asset management
- Implement and own toolkits for providing content access to internal and external partners with traceability and governance capabilities
- Build and lead a high-performing, accountable team of project managers and producers
- Lead peers and executives to meet deadlines, navigate hurdles, and approve work in a timely manner
- Support, develop, and promote a bench of operational talent within IFP and broader UHG organization
- Manage performance of external partners to provide world-class results within agreed on timelines and budgets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ hands on experience in marketing and digital project management roles
- 10+ years’ experience managing and leading teams
- Minimum 5 years
- Hands on experience with project management software such as Workfront, Basecamp, or Jira
- Hands on experience with Digital Asset Management (DAM) and Content Management Systems
- Six Sigma, Lean, and Agile training is ideal
- Experience managing performance of external agencies, consulting firms, and contractors
- Project Management and experience in analysis of business process and workflow and providing an evaluation, benchmark and/or process improvement recommendations
- Demonstrated progressive career and leadership accomplishments
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision-making skills. Accurately scopes out projects, sets objectives and goals, develops schedules and resource assignments, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results.
- Proven Cross-functional influence and well-developed relationship building skills, willing to take a leadership role driving initiatives, working across organizations and structuring approaches to new opportunities.
- Excellent relationship building skills (communication, negotiation, influencing, listening)
- Demonstrated ability to handle pressure, tension, ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple viewpoints in a manner consistent with UnitedHealth Group’s core values.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: marketing, digital, campaign, project management, agile, six sigma, lean, content management, communication, marketing budget, marketing portfolio