Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is hiring a Sr. Project Manager/Transportation Planner to evaluate, select, and apply traffic/transportation planning and modeling techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making necessary adaptations to carry out a sequence of related traffic/transportation planning tasks. This position requires the application of techniques and theories, precepts, and practices in the traffic/transportation planning and microscopic modeling fields. The Transportation Planner/Modeler performs work that involves either providing assistance or preparation of plans, investigations, reports and analyses with minimum degree of complexity. This position will be based out of on or our California offices.
The ideal candidate would have the following skillset:
- Proven success in providing technical leadership and training junior staff
- Proven success with winning work
- Significant experience with direct client interaction
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and unexpected requirement changes
- Ability to oversee multiple projects, anticipate issues, propose solutions and implement them successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Transportation enthusiasm and accustomed to working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Experience managing large, complex projects
- Experience mentoring less experienced staff
- Experience overseeing project staff in multiple geographic locations
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering or City/Regional Planning or equivalent
- 15 years minimum experienceom transportation planning
- Experience with Corridor Studies, complete strets and active transporttaion projects
- Track record of satisfied clients and adopted plans and studies
- Ability to train and manage a team of planners
- Proficinecy in GIS and in analyzing collision and other datasets in Excel
- Experience with developing funding proposals for active transportation throught he Active Transportation Program, Sustanable Transportation Planning Grant Program, and others
- Proficiency in developing and Managing unique project approaches to meet client needs, including managing community engagement processes often delivered via subcontractors.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.