100% paid benefits, 5 weeks vacation, room for growth, 4 + year average tenure!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Patrick Murphy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $135,000 - $200,000 per year
A bit about us:
**This role is remote until 2022, then will be turned into a partially remote position in San Francisco, CA... if you are not in SF or plan to relocate please do not apply, you will not be considered**
We are a digital product development consultancy that has been in business for over 20 years! We partner with our clients to create exceptional products and grow effective teams in a healthy, sustainable way.
During our time in business, we have learned a lot about what it takes to do this successfully, and in the process, we have created some of the most highly-valued digital platforms, mobile apps, websites, and more.
We offer great benefits, reasonable work hours, and intriguing projects in a welcoming work environment where employees feel safe, have fun and learn every day!
Why join us?
We offer an inclusive, sustainable, and learning culture!
Your Professional Growth!
- Projects with our clients last roughly 4-6 months, exposing our engineers, designers, and product managers to a wide variety of industry domains, product challenges, team compositions, and technical constraints in a relatively short amount of time. This way of working provides you as a practitioner with a rich environment for developing and expanding your skillset and growing your professional network.
- You will be given an annual professional development budget of $2,000 to attend conferences, complete certifications, and enroll in classes or other training.
- Health insurance fully paid for you and your entire family! 100%
- Vision insurance fully paid for you and your entire family! 100%
- Dental reimbursement for you, your spouse, and your kids.
- Life Insurance, we pay the FULL premium.
- Paid Time Off, over 5 weeks of paid time off every year
- 7 public holidays: MLK Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and two days for Thanksgiving.
- Annual Winter Break, from Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day.
- 15 days of accrued vacation time, increasing to 20 days after two years of employment
- Paid Sick Leave. 9 days available each calendar year for physical and mental health needs
Benefits For Parents-
- Paid parental leave (equivalent maternity and paternity policies). One (1) week of leave at 100% of your salary, followed by 6 weeks of about half of your salary. When combined with state benefits where applicable, this amounts to full pay for about 7 weeks.
- We pay 100% of the health and vision premiums for your children.
- Your dental reimbursement covers your children’s expenses.
- Family-friendly company events.
- Unpaid Leave. After two years of employment, employees can take up to 3 months per year of unpaid leave.
- Profit-Sharing. 3-4% annual bonus, paid as an employer contribution to your 401(k)
- 401(k) program with a variety of low-fee funds
- Commuter benefits. The ability to purchase fares on public transportation and other qualified transit agencies using your pre-tax income.
- Recruiting and sales referral bonuses!
What you will do for the team!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with the rest of your team to scope, design, build, test, and deliver new features. We are extremely collaborative and always love new ideas. You will pragmatically advocate for agile engineering practices, including test-driven development, collective code ownership, and continuous integration. You will work at all levels of the stack, sharing your expertise where you have experience and learning from your colleagues where you’d like to grow.
Your day-to-day will likely consist of the following!
- Writing test-driven code while pair programming with other engineers
- Working closely with stakeholders, product managers, and designers to shape product direction and discuss the feasibility of prototypes
- Participating in iteration planning meetings where your team will refine feature definition, estimate stories, and prioritize the highest value work
If this sounds like you, maybe you are a fit!
- Prefer collaboration over working solo
- Take a collective approach to problem-solving and decision-making
- Enjoy being given goals and finding ways to achieve them
- Enjoy using your creativity and resourcefulness to tackle unexpected challenges
- Enjoy participating in all aspects of product development, including generating ideas, prototyping, and building solutions, talking to users, testing outcomes, and integrating learnings into future work
- Want to learn new languages, paradigms, patterns, and frameworks
What you need to be a fit!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of empathy for others
- The ability to address bugs on your own, effectively using developer tools to identify the root cause(s) and define the work to resolve them
- Knowledge of web fundamentals, including the TCP/IP stack, HTTP, the DOM, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with a relational database, including familiarity with common query optimizations (e.g., using joins, eliminating N+1s)
- Experience with a version control system, preferably Git
Extra credit if you have this!
- Experience consulting or working as a freelancer
- Experience as a member of a professional agile software development team
- Consistent involvement in the tech community (e.g., speaking at conferences and meetups, mentoring less experienced practitioners, leading or volunteering time to organizations committed to supporting underrepresented groups in our industry)
- A track record of self-directed, continuing education
- Experience with multiple device platforms (e.g., web, iOS, Android), programming languages, programming paradigms (e.g., object-oriented, functional)
- Experience with non-relational data stores
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure), containerization tools (e.g., Docker), and orchestration systems (e.g., k8s)
- Experience building accessible user interfaces
- Experience with commonly-used back-end frameworks (e.g., Express, Rails, Spring) and front-end frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Vue.js)
- The ability to architect applications at different scales, from server-side rendered web applications with hundreds of users to service-oriented architectures serving millions to fully decentralized networks usable by billions
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.