Excellent Opportunity with Nonprofit! Great Benefits!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Alison Kirshner
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 per year
A bit about us:
Nonprofit partnering with the judicial system to deliver alternative solutions to those facing prosecution.
Why join us?
- Advancement Opportunity
- Excellent Compensation Package
- Parental Leave
- Making a Positive Impact in the Community
The primary responsibility of the Staff Accountant will be to handle all administrative duties in the Accounting Department including payroll processing (ADP a plus), financial statement management, and QuickBooks management. The Staff Accountant will analyze and reconcile transactions including cash accounts, prepaid accounts, fixed assets, and liability accounts. The Staff Accountant will produce routine and customized financial reports, as well as, provide support for the accurate and timely preparation of financial reports. Upon direction from the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant will assist in process improvement, enhance team efficiency, and may be required to train and/or guide other team members.
• Accounts Payable and travel resource management (via Expensify, Bill.com, etc.).
• Provide timecard support and payroll processing back-up (via ADP).
• Review, analyze, record, and reconcile transactions.
• Prepare credit card, payroll ,and other adjusting journal entries.
• Prepare monthly schedules and reconciliations of various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
• Manage Petty Cash.
• Complete monthly bank deposits and bank reconciliations.
• Make credit card payments by phone and/or online as directed.
• Assist with audit preparation.
• Unclaimed Property Remit Report filing.
Vaccination Policy: All employees are required to work on-site and to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. In accordance with the law, accommodation will be made for employees who cannot be administered the COVID-19 vaccine for medical or religious reasons.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting, finance, or economics preferred. Three to four years previously paid Accounting work experience. Must meet all company jail clearance criteria. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), nonprofit accounting, and internal control processes. Must be able to identify, analyze, and problem-solve accounting and/or compliance issues.
Language Skills: Read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other employees, clients, and outside agencies. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
Technical Skills: Strong computer skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products and Google applications.
Other Skills & Abilities: Able to work with little or no supervision under pressure. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to get along with and work cooperatively with others. The ability to adapt to the needs of the agency and staff, as well as drive change initiatives across the agency, as needed. Guiding the strategic planning, growth, and development of the agency’s mission, values, and coals for overall success.
Background Checks and/or Licensing Requirements: Criminal Background check by the SF Sheriff’s Department. Reference checks.
• Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 20% of time is spent on feet and 80% sitting at a desk.
• Occasional need to perform the following physical activities: bending/stooping/squatting, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting and reaching above shoulders.
• Occasional need to perform standing and walking activities.
• Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
• Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
• Vision requirements: constant need to complete forms, read reports, view computer screens. Frequent need to see small details. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm's reach.
• Hearing requirements: constant need to communicate over telephone and in person.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.