JOB SUMMARY – STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Are you an experienced Staff Accountant looking for your next role in the high-tech industry or a Public Accounting professional looking to step into industry? Our client in high-tech industry is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant in San Francisco. The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and perform a variety of general accounting tasks. This role will ensure that various transactions are properly recorded in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Maintain entries in SAP accounting system
- Perform extensive reviews of the externally prepared accounts and resolve discrepancies as they arise
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets
- Office Management and administration responsibilities
- Processing expense reports and assist with monthly close
- Verify, allocate and enter invoices and responsible for incoming mail (checks)
- Track and deliver various Metrics and KPI’s
- Provide consolidated analytical review of actuals and forecasts on monthly/quarterly basis
- Various ad-hoc financial analyses
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting records.
- Maintain information confidentiality
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience as a Staff Accountant
- Proficiency in US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Accounts Payables/Receivables and of Income and Sales Tax
- Hands-on experience with accounting software i.e. SAP, MS Dynamics etc.
- Good data entry skills with an ability to identify and correct numerical errors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and handle high volume of transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be a fast learner, organized, and have a “can do” attitude
- Positive work ethics, ability to multitask and work independently under minimal supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.