Ref ID: 00410-0011465477
Compensation: $63000.00 to $75000.00 yearly
ARE YOU A LEGAL CHAMPION FOR HARD-WORKING IMMIGRANTS AND THEIR CHILDREN? We want to talk to you! A Bay Area social justice non-profit is hiring an Attorney for their immigration legal clinic that represents immigrant families, in particular their youth, in processing applications through the U.S. Citizen & Immigration Services (USCIS) system and Court proceedings.
The following are the qualifications for the Attorney position:
• 1+ year of family-based immigration experience, primarily SIJS, asylum, T & U visa cases, and DACA;
• Licensed to practice in a state bar, or at least close to becoming admitted;
• Spanish fluency is highly preferred;
• Detail-oriented, responsible, organized, and proven ability to meet deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills, be friendly, and be a good conversationalist as this position will have plenty of contact with the client families and the community; and
• Must be passionate about working with and serving children who are seeking legal immigration status. Willing and able to meet clients occasionally at remote locations in the North Bay.
Our non-profit client cannot offer a high salary (a reasonable compensation is paid). However, beyond the excellent track record of success in serving the local immigrant Latino community, this opportunity offers a good career path within this well-recognized legal aid organization and more broadly, within the immigrants’ rights practice statewide and nationally.
This is on average a 40-hour/week job with EXCELLENT work-life balance. Employment benefits include 100% paid medical and dental insurance, 3 weeks/yr paid vacation, 16 paid holidays annually, 12 days/yr paid sick leave, 100% paid employee medical & dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and other perks! For confidential consideration, pls email resume to Jon Lucchese, Vice President for Permanent Placement Services Division, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Thank you!