Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Orlando, FL., currently has an opportunity for a Staff Software Development Engineer in Test.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Consult with engineering team and implement the technology necessary to keep the automation framework in line with the development of the product.
- Create automation frameworks for mobile apps (iOS and Android).
- Develop and improve robust test automation framework. Ensure the framework works in conjunction with the Quality Management system as well as provides strong and quick feedback for Agile development.
- Ensure the framework covers functional, end to end, compatibility and use case scenarios. This will also require working with DevOps and other teams to integrate test automation with build systems, test management system, and device cloud.
- Mentor and provide day to day guidance to the junior members of the software test team. Review work to ensure compliance and quality
- Develop software test tools as necessary to support test team
- Provide feedback and suggest improvements to the Agile SDLC process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in a scientific, technical, or engineering discipline.
- 8 years’ experience in Software Testing and/or Software Quality Assurance.
- 5 years’ experience working as Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Must be technically strong and have experience testing mobile applications
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Medical Device experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in an agile development environment preferred.
- Experience with embedded systems and integration testing with external systems preferred
- Cyber security, medical mobile applications or cloud computing experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career.
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.