Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
The Strategic Finance & Agile Transformation Lead (who will report to the Head of Investment & Technology Enablement within Finance) will be responsible for building Finance processes and capabilities to support our lines of business and enterprise functions as they transition from Application- and Project-based Organizations to Agile ones focused on Products and Customer Journeys.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Document and maintain the end-to-end transformation roadmap for Investment & Technology Enablement Finance, showing steps from current state to target state (Agile).
- Actively participate in Agile-focused, cross-functional working groups to source ideas, contribute expertise, and co-design interim and target state processes involving Finance.
- Engage with stakeholders across Finance to help strike an effective balance between the user experience of Agile Products / Customer Journeys vs. need for transparency, discipline and controls.
- Author detailed user stories to technology teams and pursue appropriate prioritization of Agile related enhancements across relevant components of Wells Fargo’s target state tooling ecosystem (e.g., Jira).
- Formulate a communication strategy to keep participants / users informed about the direction of the team’s transformation efforts.
- Orchestrate the creation of comprehensive playbooks and procedures to ensure clear documentation for operational and control purposes.
- Provide ad-hoc strategic, analytical and presentation support for variety of executive audiences.
Locations: New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA; Charlotte, NC
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Demonstrated success and mastery managing in a matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lead without authority within a matrixed environment
- Ability to deliver concise, time critical information to all levels of management, technology and business teams
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to manage initiatives including: detailed planning, process management, and documentation
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience creating and implementing strategic plans and roadmaps at the executive level for enterprise wide business initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting.
- 5+ years of experience compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management or senior leaders.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship building, change leadership, and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with partners / peers.
- Prior experience driving transformation in functional groups (e.g., Finance, Technology) support Agile Transformation and enable Product / Customer Journey teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to storyboard and create compelling content for a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Highly motivated with an organized work style and the ability to work calmly in a high energy environment.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders from a variety of disciplines and organizations.
- Excellent problem solving and analytic capabilities utilized to identify improvement opportunities, as well as creating approaches/programs to address those issues
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate to management.
- Scaled Agile certification and / or on-the-job exposure or training
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.