Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As an EAP Management Consultation Supervisor, you will oversee the performance of telephonic management consultants to ensure business objectives are met with high quality outcomes. You will collaborate with EAP Business Operations leadership and partners across the business as needed to ensure team and department processes, procedures, and systems are operating at maximum efficiency to ensure results are achieved.
If you live in the Pacific Time Zone, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. California residency is preferred.
- Incorporate measures of quality into team goals and expectations and work to ensure their achievement; clearly communicate performance metrics and standards with direct reports and ensure accountability; including coaching, recognition, and performance management as needed
- Coordinate work activities with other team supervisors to ensure consistency in management of team regarding following established policies, best practices, performance management and process adherence, across entire team
- Assist manager to help identify solutions to resolve customer and service issues in a timely manner
- Identify and coordinate on-going training for existing team members to improve efficiencies, job skills, knowledge, personal growth, and performance
- Facilitate the onboarding of new employees, helping them to feel welcome and understand their roles in the organization
- Ensure contractual performance guarantees and program satisfaction ratings are met and/or exceeded for all customers
- Conduct timely chart and call audits and skills assessments
- Collaborate with EAP Business Operations leadership to monitor case distribution and utilization and present data, to support staffing level changes as appropriate; create requisitions, conduct new hire behavioral interviews, and ensure highly skilled and qualified candidates are selected and hired
- Actively identify, present, and disseminate relevant and timely information to the team; create agendas and facilitate team meetings; conduct and/or delegate meeting follow-up action items and ensure completion
- Discuss and create development plans and goals with direct reports through quarterly meetings to ensure growth within current roles and future opportunities within the company
- Work with Human Capital on compensation planning, performance management, employee relations concerns/issues and employee development
- Other special projects and activities as directed by manager
- Serve as subject matter expert resource and point of contact to the broader team for consultations pertaining to routine processes and procedures, Linx, and account information
- Coordinate projects such as Employee Experience initiatives and other engagement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or other related mental health field
- Active, unrestricted license to practice as an independent mental health clinician
- 3+ years post master’s experience in the EAP field (successful work experience in a social service, mental health, medical or related field)
- 3+ years of working knowledge of broad brush EAP services and strong clinical acumen
- Experience working with all levels of leadership within an organization
- Computer hardware and software proficiency
- Strong business acumen and professional presentation
- Strong conflict resolution skills and customer focus
- Knowledge of EAP workplace and organizational dynamics as well as a solid clinical background in Mental Health and Substance use concerns
- Experience in workplace management referrals
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- CEAP certification
- 3+ years of clinical experience with an emphasis on acute psychiatric, crisis assessment and/or chemical dependency
- 1+ years of supervisory experience or 3+ years of team lead experience
- Strength and experience in data analysis, planning, organization, accuracy, problem solving, prioritization and rapid execution of multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and be able to form effective collaborations with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and work effectively within large matrix managed corporations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP, CEAP, Supervisor, Team Lead, Leadership, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Licensed Clinician, Counselor, Employee Assistance, LP, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, LCPC, LPC, LICSW, LASW, LMHC, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote