Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense, advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.
The Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineering supervises and oversees technical staff. Leads efforts to support and improve manufacturing processes, material, machinery, tooling, and production test debug in order to meet production schedules and quality, cost, and delivery objectives. Depending on Operations’ site, position may have focus in either/both manufacturing and test engineering.
• Supervises a combination of technical staff, which may include employees from areas such as test, debug, process, and maintenance
• Acts as a mentor, coach, and trainer
• Responsible for developing and supporting departmental processes and ensuring appropriate documentation is in place
• Participates on Customer Support and Quality Improvement teams
• Monitors facility quality yields, output, and downtime for prevention and to assist in problem solving
• Utilizes project management skills when involved with multiple projects and show the ability to delegate tasks and drive on-time completion
• Works closely with Production Supervisors, Team Leaders and support staff to ensure product, test, debug and repair output and quality goals are met
• Assists with the review and approval of engineering design drawings prior to “production release” for product manufacturability
• Plans, organizes and implements program manufacturing requirements and evaluate recommendations on tooling and equipment required to support product schedule and cost goals
• Oversees the investigation and analysis of requests for additions or changes in equipment
• Oversees the preparation of capital assets and expenditure budgets
• May participate in Material Review Board activities and take an active role in the disposition of discrepant material and/or assemblies
• May participate in the Change Control Board review of engineering change order to ensure the proposed design changes are within manufacturing capabilities
• May review manufacturing flow charts and/or production techniques philosophy required to support the product flow and/or assemblies sequence
• Supports Prototype/Pilot production with direct interface to assembly and test activities
• Prepares and discuss performance appraisals with subordinate personnel and initiate recommendations for rate changes, reclassifications, transfers, and terminations
• Authorizes employee time sheets and monitor overtime requests
• May be involved with the analysis and selection of the optimum method of fabrication and assembly
• Provides work direction and system development, resulting in attainment of strategic departmental and business goals.
• Maintains an effective employee unit through appropriate employee selection, training and development, motivation and discipline, performance evaluation and wage salary treatment.
• Assists in driving the standardization of manufacturing processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
• Effective organization and prioritization skills
• Demonstrate high attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse groups
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools.
• Strong customer service and client focus
• Working knowledge of productivity tools, including Microsoft Office products and WebEx conferencing software
• 4 year Engineering or Technical degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
• 3+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
• 1+ years in a leadership role
• Ability to own and lead manufacturing engineering support projects
• Understanding of printed circuit board assembly and/or system integration test, debug and repair processes as required
• Specific technical knowledge (for Test Engineering Focus) of test equipment to be able to develop basic programming of ICT and/or Functional Test Equipment and to assist Test Engineer in program debug as required
• Ability to effectively mentor employees at all levels
• Ability to drive solutions to complex planning issues with direction from senior management
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company
• Demonstrate leadership and people management skills
• Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
• Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with direction
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: M-F 0800-1700