Requisition ID # 85120
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Strategy & Policy
Help us change the electric utility industry from the inside! Join a small, high-performing team within Pacific Gas & Electric Company that is developing PG&E’s strategy to transform the electric grid into a smarter, more resilient grid and working on a portfolio of exciting and innovative projects.
The Integrated Grid Planning (IGP) team develops and implements new distribution planning tools that help provide transparency into PG&E’s distribution planning process and enable the procurement and integration of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs)such as solar PV, battery storage, energy efficiency, demand response, and electric vehicles, into the grid. The team works collaboratively with diverse stakeholders across the enterprise to design, build and test product strategies, roadmaps and implementation plans for innovation. As part of the Integrated Grid Planning and Innovation team, help us chart the future of the utility and the energy industry.
The Integrated Grid Planning team leads PG&E’s contributions to the Distribution Resource Plan (DRP) and Integrated Distributed Energy Resources (IDER) proceedings. The team works collaboratively with diverse stakeholders within PG&E and externally to design and develop new planning tools. The team also advocates for strategies and policies to effectively and reliably procure and integrate DERs.
PG&E is seeking a supervisor for the Integrated Grid Planning Products and Programs team. This execution-oriented candidate will support the development of new distribution planning tools and products, lead the development of DER project management processes, and play a crucial role in coordinating PG&E’s Distributed Energy Resources (DER) related strategy development.
The Supervisor of IGP Products and Programs will work closely in collaboration and coordination with cross functional stakeholders in various lines of business including Electric Operations (EO), IT, and Cybersecurity among others as well as with vendor stakeholders to support effective project and program management and alignment with external dependencies. The successful candidate will supervise several Product Managers, and will be responsible for the creation, implementation, and management of a variety of products and programs in support of the Integrated Grid Planning team. Examples of products and programs the Supervisor will oversee include a customer facing Data Portal, Distribution Planning streamlining tools, and pilots that test alternative sourcing mechanisms for DERs to provide distribution services.
This position is intended to be based out of PG&E’s General Office complex in the San Francisco Bay Area, although flexible work location could be considered.
The position reports to the Manager of Integrated Grid Planning.
- Supervises a team of Product Managers focusing on products and programs for Integrated Grid Planning.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of new sourcing mechanisms for DERs
- Create processes and tools to enable the use of DERs to provide distribution grid services.
- Develop new processes and tools to facilitate distribution planning and DER integration.
- Works with & leverages relationships with Managers across functions within PG&E.
- Support regulatory activities by writing testimony, responding to data requests, meeting with regulators and other IOUs, and providing content for regulatory filings.
- Articulates product goals and mission to key stakeholder teams to assure development of products that meets market needs.
- Established relationships with key external stakeholders (i.e. industry and regulatory).
- Reviews all product deliverables to assure the offering is complete and meets all compliance requirements.
- Manage all key company stakeholders and oversee development milestones with transparency; appropriately involve necessary stakeholders for sign-off processes involved for each milestone.
- Support the publication and use of Integration Capacity Analysis (ICA) and Distribution Investment Deferral Framework (DIDF) results on a public facing Data Portal.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Business, Economics, or related.
- 4+ years of related experience or equivalent.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Competency in building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Ability to apply project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed
- Competency in taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Competency in planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others
- Proficient qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Must be adaptable to changing environments and ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including at the executive level.
- Proficient public speaking and presentation abilities.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects with demanding time constraints.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, versatile, efficient and productive in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and a positive execution-oriented mentality.
- Ability to lead multi/cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Inter-organizational management of complex, strategic projects.
- Master’s in Business Administration or other Advanced Degree.
- Experience supervising product or program management teams.
- Experience in distribution planning or distribution operations.