CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose:
The System Director of Population Health Finance Operations will bring deep skills in financial management of value based organizations within health systems. This leader must possess broad understanding of a variety of value-based contracts as well as physician network operations, while having a willingness to do hands-on work to build out deliverables. Understanding of payment models, both government and commercial is essential. Work outputs will often need to be iterative and serve as a “bridge” to enable the organization to adopt new frameworks in the transition to value based care.
This role is responsible for serving in a financial leadership position to advise the value based organizations (including Clinically Integrated Network and Accountable Care Organizations) in standardizing financial operations. Work will need to be performed with diverse stakeholders and with little instruction. Often there will be competing priorities and diverging opinions, and this leader will need to reconcile to keep teams moving forward. As a corporate role, the leader will need to influence without authority and use evidence to make the case for change.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders and partners to facilitate resolution on complex financial topics and produce deliverables; primarily working with Physician Enterprise Finance, Payer Strategy & Relationships and Value Based Organization (VBO) leaders.
- Standardizing P&L/budget templates for VBOs based on type of VBO; developing models for budgeting staff based on best practices etc.
- Running workgroups and subcommittees of Pop Health Operations council to develop the outputs for productivity-based budgeting for staff and other priority areas of the council
- Developing models to report VBA financial stats (in collaboration with other finance entities) and developing methods for leadership to understand cost/benefits of population health investments
- Providing financial expertise in development of All Payer Claims Database and it dashboards – serve in a business stakeholder role.
- Building dashboards to track KPIs
- Evaluating Service Level Agreements and rate structures for services that align incentives to manage risk.
- Carries out special projects within Enterprise Population Health as assigned by leadership.
#population health, pophealth, VBO, Physician Enterprise
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of value based care and population health. Expertise in financial management and financial modeling. CPA is a plus but not required.
A compensation range of $123,000 - $160,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!