Talent Management Solutions Lead (Remote)
At Splunk, we are solving complex problems by making machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Our goal: to provide a groundbreaking technology to creatively tackle today's problems. In service of our goal, crafting meaningful work experiences for our Splunkers is the cornerstone of our company culture and success. As our business continues to grow, we want to translate that momentum into career opportunities for our Splunkers. Providing career mobility opportunities for Splunkers is one of the topmost priorities, not just within our People organization, but across the company. If you feel passionately about making work meaningful and making talent practices work as much for the employees as they do for the management, then come join our Talent Management team.
As the Talent Management Solutions Lead, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of talent initiatives. Your immediate priority will be to build Splunk's internal career mobility and future talent marketplace solutions (internal hiring to begin with followed by creation and promotion of flexible opportunities such as job shadows, stretch assignments, job sharing) over the next 1-2 years. The role will help lay the foundation for other downstream mobility programs such as promotions, succession planning and re-skilling/upskilling initiatives. The role will lead a large, cross-functional team with members from across the People organization to deliver Career Mobility solutions. The role will report into the Senior Director of Talent and Organization Effectiveness.
Note: This role will NOT lead the physical or geographic mobility of employees from one location to another and/or any resulting immigration needs.
- Take an employee-centric approach to identifying end user needs, driving prioritization of solutions and integrating across Splunk's talent practices portfolio
- Set a program vision centered around the principles of crafting meaningful career experiences for our Splunkers and driving our diversity, equity and inclusion outcomes
- Co-create a phased execution roadmap that delivers against that vision with our Program Management Team
- Drive approach and behavior shifts to support Splunkers and leadership in crafting and enabling more mobility opportunities such as internal job changes, stretch assignments, project-based work, and job rotations
- Engage with and influence key partners to establish our foundational philosophy around skills assessment, skill-based development, and career progression, all the while challenging the industry status quo, integrating talent practices and simplifying the user experience for employees
- Develop strategic processes and policies that reinforce program outcomes and desired behaviors, balancing the needs across our regions globally
- Lead, align and influence large cross-functional teams to deliver against the program vision
- Coordinate and guide outcomes and deliverables across multiple work streams such as technology, analytics, process, policy, change management and training to ensure alignment with broader program vision
- Ensure ongoing prioritization and continuous improvement, delivering enhanced end user experiences in short sprints
- Partner with our technology and analytics team to deliver a technology-enabled solution that serves as the single source of skills data on Spunkers, with the intention of rapidly growing that platform to serve as an internal talent marketplace down the line
- Collaborate with the assigned Program Manager/Project Manager to bring the vision of the program to life by identifying the workstreams required, to building a project plan, identifying and addressing risks - escalating where needed, highlighting accomplishments and providing regular progress measures and reports to leadership
- Review uptake and adoption of solutions to advise future state design and rollout efforts
- Partner closely with adjacent teams such as but not limited to Leadership & Learning, People Analytics, HR Technology, People Business Partners, DEI and Talent Acquisition
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree in Talent Management, Human Resources, or a related industry
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Education, Human Resources, Change Management, or related fields preferred but not required
- Deep experience or, at minimum, foundational understanding of Design Thinking tools and frameworks for problem-solving preferred
- Systems thinker, able to connect the dots across various talent initiatives and their impacts on end user experiences
- Proven track record to lead and influence with and without direct authority
- Strong understanding of how talent practices can enable better Diversity, Equity and Inclusion outcomes
- Experience supporting and implementing large-scale change across teams and departments, with ability to build and scale solutions
- Analytical and data driven with strong communication and influencing skills; storytelling with data and using it to drive and measure results
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity, to define and breakdown tasks and assign ownership
- Ability to define a vision and exercise high degree of adaptability in bringing the vision to life in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!