Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada About Fusion Academy
Fusion Academy is a private middle and high school where classes are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom. We are guided by a fundamental belief in the immense potential within every person and our mission is to help each student flourish – emotionally, socially, and academically – through positive, mentoring relationships and a personalized education experience.
We care not only about the development of our students, but of our staff as well. Our teams are made up of life-long learners who are interested in continuous development. We pride ourselves on being an informed and diverse community. We are committed to providing learning and working experiences that are inclusive, equitable, and just for all stakeholders.
Carlisle Working at Fusion Academy
Our Staff and teachers are the lifeblood of our campus. They believe that building relationships with students, families, and each other is the cornerstone of our unique one-to-one education model.
Our Walnut Creek Campus is currently hiring for the following teacher/mentors:
- Math and Science Teacher Mentor
- Music Teacher Mentor
This position provides a student centered, supportive classroom that promotes compassion and tolerance, emotional security, resourcefulness, and independent critical thinking while addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each student through Fusion's differentiated approach.
Pingliang Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide a one-to-one teaching experience to Fusion students grades 6-12.
- Show evidence of adapting and differentiated instruction for all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents.
- Contribute to and benefit from the campus community.
- Practice professionalism through ongoing professional development, reflection and continuous improvement.
- In addition to subject matter tutoring and teaching, this position includes significant student mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for consideration.
- Solid subject matter knowledge at grade levels 6-12.
- Competencies Desired:
- Expertise in the relevant subject area.
- Understand learning differences and emotional difficulties.
- Ability to mentor as a positive role model.
- Understand and support each student’s Formal Education Plan (FEP).
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Self-directed, proactive, intelligent, knowledge of curriculum and assessment, multi-tasker, problem solving skills, professional written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
- Ability to manage stress, and self-regulate during chaos and crisis, consistently positive attitude, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity and compassion.
- Teaching credentials are a plus but are not mandatory.
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is a plus as well as mentoring experience.
- The ideal candidate is outgoing, well organized, competent in basic computer skills, and is an individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
- Candidate must be prepared to teach and tutor material at a high school level immediately.