- Coordinate with schools to gather academic information about students.
- In coordination with families and school districts, develop an individual academic plan for all students based on relevant academic information.
- When required, ability to coordinate with school to administer coursework in a timely manner.
- Provide individual instruction and academic support to students.
- Collaborate with paired tutor to ensure all materials and assignments are prepared before each school session.
- Monitor student progress.
- Provide daily and weekly assignment scheduling and support students in setting weekly goals.
- Attend IEP/Placement meetings with Regional Education Manager.
- Administer and grade assignments utilizing rubrics or assignment keys provided by APEX.
- Communicate behavioral, academic and attendance concerns to clinical staff.
- Attend 30, 60, and 90-day updates, parent orientations, and clinical calls as needed.
- Work with clinical staff to devise appropriate interventions to address concerns with students.
- Participate in weekly Treatment Team meeting and work collaboratively with the clinical team.
- Send weekly email updates to parents.
- Complete weekly charting in electronic documentation system.
- Participate in weekly supervision meeting with Regional Education Manager.
- Oversee math and science tutor including but not limited to providing direction, feedback and management.
- Collaborate effectively with direct care staff to maintain structure, supervision, and support of classroom and students.
- Ability to be flexible in a variety of circumstances and to problem solve and implement strategies/solutions effectively and swiftly.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Teacher should have a minimum of two years’ experience with middle or high school students.
- Candidate should have experience in teaching or tutoring various types of students and ability to adjust their approach to meet the needs of all students.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters