Technical Security Manager - Professional
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Technical Security Manager - Professional for a contract position in San Francisco, CA. Opportunity will be one year with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: The Technical Security Manager provides oversight and responsibility for management of the security teams providing programming and call center support for the Uber physical security environment. He will oversee security operational support, as well as provide leadership to and lead Uber technical security initiatives. The Technical Security Manager will oversee all security, and is responsible for providing regular project communications to the appropriate stakeholders so that projects are delivered on time and within budget. The Technical Security Manager provides a single point of contact to clients for resolution of project and operational issues, and performs periodic project and program reviews, making recommendations for improvement and marshalling the implementation of those recommendations. Actively participates in sequencing projects, adjusting timelines, and modifying scope documents to achieve Uber's security and business objectives.
- Understanding Uber security program objectives and alignment of operational support activities to meet those objectives . Establishment and maintenance of security standards, policies and processes. Ensuring resource alignment with all individual Projects.
- Provide management and leadership of the Uber technical security teams, including remote programming and call center support. This management includes the direction of support activities, identification of training requirements to effectively support the environment, scheduling, coaching and oversight.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for technical security initiatives that provides an outlook of projects over a 1-2 year period of time. Update the roadmap to reflect the many rapid changes that occur within the Uber business environment, and to take advantage of emerging technology initiatives that may provide benefit to Uber.
- Establish and manage a process for the vetting of new technologies within the Uber physical security environment, validating applicability and possible benefit. Process may include the creation and maintenance of an interoperability lab consisting of deployed security technologies within the Uber security environment.
- Lead all technical security initiatives through all phases, from concept through design, implementation and operation.
- Establish and enforce change and configuration management policies, including hardware and software upgrade procedures and rollback plans.
- Deep comprehension of building design, life safety and physical security design concepts. Experience with code compliance, as well as managing both employee and subcontractor labor.
- Facilitates communication with Uber stakeholders.
- Takes ownership for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Periodically review project and support staff initiatives with Uber security stakeholders to ensure alignment to Uber security objectives.
- Monitoring and providing oversight of projects. Regularly compile and communicate information related to critical activities, resources and timelines.
- Create Executive-Level Dashboards to report overall status of security initiatives.
A Technical Security Manager will typically possess the following traits:
- B. S., Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience performing functional management in a complex physical security environment.
- 8-10 years physical security experience, including regular interface with general contractors, property managers and client stakeholders. Thorough understanding of both installation and service elements of operational performance.
- Excellent leadership skills, min. +3 years experience managing professionals in a construction setting, with thorough understanding of permitting and union complexities.
- Self starter, ability to review processes and instill continuous improvement methodologies, including institution and execution of a formal quality assurance program.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills. Ability to lead and participate in meetings, representing Uber Physsec as required.
- Organizational skills, ability to adjust labor efforts to fluctuating demands. Working closely with sales and program management leadership, exploit *** organization to bring thought leadership to Uber.
- Must be San Francisco-based, onsite 5 days a week, and actively partner with Uber stakeholders. Unique environment demands flexibility and a strong desire to adapt and work collaboratively.
- Use of Project Management Portfolio toolsets or MS Project (or equivalent).
- Experience reading CAD drawings and identifying security requirements, as well as utilization of drawing markup software (i.e., Plangrid, Bluebeam).
- Desired experience/background in IT industry and engineering.
- Project management certification desired – if not present, will be enrolled in certification process.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!