Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our business lines are Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Middle Market Banking, and Treasury Management & Payment Solutions.
Middle Market Banking
- Services private and public companies with annual sales of $5 million to $2 billion
- Specialized expertise across industry sectors
The Wells Fargo Specialized Industries Technology Banking Group is seeking an experienced Relationship Manager to expand our Northern California practice. The primary responsibilities of the role are focused on new client acquisition and existing client relationship management, including driving revenue generation opportunities from across Wells Fargo’s platform. The Relationship Manager will also proactively identify new debt/equity opportunities and coordinate engagement with Wells Fargo’s investment banking, debt capital markets, and equity capital markets teams. The RM will collaborate closely with internal Treasury consultants, Wells Fargo payment tech and innovations teams, and enhance due diligence and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will have experience and relationships with Venture Capital firms and will leverage those relationships to drive new business opportunities for Wells Fargo.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of account relationship management experience
- Account relationship management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group: lending, loan servicing, products, and credit practices
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of negotiating: interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Experience consistently delivering strong sales performance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience with Fintech in the following industries: technology, media and telecom
Other Desired Qualifications
- Highly skilled at negotiating, underwriting, and structuring deals for venture backed companies within the Technology industry
- Strong track record growing a portfolio while appropriately managing risk
- Effective relationship management skills that result in clients’ trust and additional business
- Proactive, persistent, organized, and results oriented
- Strategic thinker who challenges norms and brings thoughtful recommendations
- Extensive relationships with technology companies, non-bank lenders, venture capital firms, and service providers
- Understands emerging technology and how venture capital works
- Represents Wells Fargo with confidence, positive energy, and clear communication in the marketplace
- Sets & manages to high, calling standards
- Develops trusted client relationships at the operational, c-suite, and board of director levels
- Partners effectively with various lines of business
- While ideal candidate will have experience working with a broad range of tech companies, preferred experience will include banking, advising, or consulting Fintech, and/or Internet Digital companies
- Ability to analyze flow of funds and advise on optimal treasury structure
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will NOT be accepted.
- Registration for Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.