Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Payments, Treasury and Customer Care Technology group is seeking qualified System Engineer candidates who would be responsible for developing and maintaining payment applications and payment services.
- Works on an collaborative environment with Business users and other technology partners.
- Hands on programming, unit testing and building high quality code that is manageable, reliable and maintainable.
- Identifies important emerging technologies and leads in analysis of their benefits and impact.
- Provides technical design, solution consultation and support in the development of web/service applications and programs.
- Analyzes business requirements, designs, writes functional system and technical specifications.
- Leads projects, assigns development tasks, provides directions and guidances to team members.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of good quality of code, best practices, testing strategy and debugging of programs.
- Develops new documentation and participates in the development of department technical procedures.
- Provides guidances and directions in resolution of escalated issues and/or system problems.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Be responsible for maintaining SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) compliance and manage risks.
- Provides ongoing support for TMPS applications incremental and business as usual efforts.
- APIs and MicroServices Development for Payment applications
- Data Analysis and Big Data environment.
- 5+ years of business systems analysis or design experience as demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of payment processing industry experience
- 2+ years of Payment Card Industry (PCI) experience
- 2+ years of experience testing using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- 5+ years of wire payments or transfers experience
- 5+ years of Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments processing experience
- 2+ years of experience developing and using RESTful Application Program Interface (API)
- 2+ years of experience with Camel framework
- 3+ years of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments
- Knowledge and understanding of operation work flows/processes
- Knowledge and understanding of governance and compliance expected from providing solutions in systems and technology domains
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies experience
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): all phases and types of testing
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): code control, build and deployment
- 4+ years of information security log management system experience
- 4+ years of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Internet security protocol experience
- 4+ years of Web Security Tools experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies experience
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
Other Desired Qualifications
- Banking and payment applications knowledge plus and ISO messages type.
- Having very good understanding of middle-ware and application server concepts like Integration, Transactions and XA transaction, Security, Connection pooling, Load balancing and Messaging; clustered server environment and familiar with system performance related tasks
- Able to provide technical oversight for the deliverables of the other members of the Technical team
- Experienced with Agile development methodology including prior project experience with this methodology
- Must have knowledge about Kafka connect and Kafka topic and integrations.
- Must have excellent communications and teamwork skills, be self-directed, self-motivated, committed, and a quick learner.
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Work schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific time, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm Mountain time, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Central time, or 11:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern time
CA-San Leandro: 794 Davis St - San Leandro, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.