- Based in the South Bay region of Los Angeles County, CA.
- Competitive salary and benefits on offer.
- Supportive company culture that supports work/life balance.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for all aspects of transportation, including the effective and efficient movement of finished goods from the distribution network to customers, and improving the transportation of raw materials and packaging between vendors and production facilities. This role reports to the VP of Supply Chain and works hand-in-hand with other Supply Chain roles (Demand & Supply Planning, Customer Service, Material Planning, Distribution Centers) and other business units -- Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Manufacturing.
neurontin 100mg cap parke dav Job Duties :
- Developing and operating within monthly and annual transportation budgets
- Performing analysis of costs and taking actions to minimize variance to budget
- Identifying and securing transportation partners, leading RFPs, vendor selection and negotiation - ensuring transportation capacity to meet company needs
- Creating dashboards, metrics, and KPIs to monitor and drive carrier performance
- Managing rate contracts, ensuring that all carriers are in full compliance.
- Collaborating with Customer Service and other functions to drive a superior customer delivery experience
- Conducting regular carrier performance and compliance/customer service reviews
- Continuously analyzing, reviewing, assessing, recommending and implementing effective shipping strategies and procedures
- Meeting service level requirements to customers - OTIF
- Establishing departmental policies and procedures that guarantee the effective and efficient flow of inventory and information in order to exceed customers' requirements, both internal and external
- Managing Transportation Management System and performance outcomes
- Optimizing flow of product from warehouses to customers, analyzing information and evaluating results to choose appropriate solutions to problems.
- Interfacing with all levels of management and departments to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability. Training, coaching, and developing Logistics Planners in the execution of the transportation strategy.
buy prednisone mastercard Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from an accredited college or university; and 7+ years of relevant experience and/or training in the manufacturing industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Warehouse, transportation management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), inventory control, order management and MRP systems, and cost accounting experience.