US0050 Sysco San Francisco, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 50%
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, management and direction to delivery staff, compliance with government regulations and safety and security of the delivery department.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of Delivery Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Oversees the proper selection utilization of company assets in support of the Delivery department.
- Organizes required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
- Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- HazMat certification preferred.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License meeting Company standards preferred.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, and Corporate proactively and constructively.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures on time.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Can write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Exhibit knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull up to 350 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places.
- Sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.