Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients. As an Unarmed Security Officer, you will be part of a security team that supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that requires an enhanced presence and asset protective services. This position an integral part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Additional benefits vary depending on position.
Safeguard property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry
Enforce company rules, policies, and procedures and provide information and other assistance, including the general safety of employees, visitors, volunteers and members of the public.
Act as guard in public areas of company and parking lots and greet and direct visitors, escort guests, answer general questions and monitor parking lot for the purpose of detecting and preventing acts which are injurious to persons or to property
Assistant in maintaining order and security and report violations or problems to company contract manager.
Visually inspect and count company objects on display in assigned areas to ensure nothing has been damaged or defaced and that all are present and accounted for. Complete check sheets to report findings and alert supervision of any matters needing correction and verbally notify supervisors immediately of gross irregularities.
Control access of visitors through the company staff entrance, monitor alarms and closed-circuit television systems, maintain logs, orders and reports which pertain to the business of the company, monitor and dispatch radio calls efficiently and politely answer telephone calls from the public and staff
Patrol grounds of company (interior and exterior) inspecting for safety and security discrepancies; locking and unlocking doors and gates, and control lights
Respond and react quickly to emergency calls and render assistance as needed and notify proper company staff or outside agencies as required
Take reports and investigate incidents occurring on company property, coordinating with company and county authorities, and local police.
Tum on lights at the beginning of each business day and permit entrance toemployees, vendors and authorized personnel
Open and secure doors, vaults, and gates
Reduce or tum off unnecessary lights and visuals, check safes, security containers and cabinets, and close windows
Raise and lower all flags as prescribed
Perform services during day and evening special events
Maintain any assigned post area in a neat and presentable appearance, including picking up litter from the floor, alerting Custodial Services if required.
Property document and turn in all items found on the premises
Ensure that only authorized personnel are permitted access to closed or restricted areas by detaining and apprehending unidentified or unauthorized individuals
Monitor alarm systems and electronic surveillance equipment
Immediately report to company Safety Assistant potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair, including inoperative lights, malfunctioning equipment, spills, leaky faucets, malfunctioning or leaking drinking fountains, toilet stoppages, broken or slippery floor surfaces, loose or tom carpeting, worn or damaged non-skid tape on stairways throughout company property and damaged vitrines.
Enforce package inspections and visually screen and prepare written record on contents of packages/parcels being carried in and out of facility to secure against theft and preventing the introduction of contraband on company premises.
- Must be mentally alert and capable of exercising good judgment, implementing instructions, and assimilating necessary specialized training.
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written direction and write accurate and clear reports
- Must be able to monitor environmental and electronic security systems.
- Must undergo a physical examination within six (6) months prior to their assignment.
- Must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen examination within six (6) months prior to their assignment and present the results for inspection. The screen must have the ability to detect the use of: marijuana, cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, opiates, and benzodiazepines.
- Must complete training in Security and Emergency Procedures, Crowd Control, Irate/Hostile individual and Public Relations
- Must undergo training in matters of state policy regarding drug awareness, sexual harassment, workplace violence, discrimination, and prohibition of the use of equipment.
- Successfully complete training for operating electronic computer and/or alarm and communication systems.
- Must undergo formal training, if necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License or a California Identification card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles and carry it in their possession while on duty.
- If driving is a requirement for the assignment, a valid California Driver License is mandatory.
- Must complete training in First Aid and CPR and maintain current certification that will be carried while on duty at all times.
- Guard Registration card
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be fully capable of performing the full range of security work requiring moderate to arduous physical exertion under either normal or emergency conditions.
- Exhibit good general health without physical defects or abnormalities which would interfere with the performance of duties under the contract
- Must possess a good distance vision in each eye, correct to 20/30 on the Snellen chart. In addition to that, must possess normal fields of vision, good depth perception, close vision correctable to Jaeger #4 type test of both eyes, and ability to distinguish basic colors
- Hearing loss must not exceed 30 decibels in both ears or 35 decibels in the poorer ear.
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822