At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Consulting – Consultant Development Program – Transformation Design & Execution Track – Staff
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. Our clients are at the heart of what we do. We’re focused on solving the key issues of our client buyers, building deeper relationships and making a greater impact with long-term value. Specifically, within our Transformation Design & Execution practice, we take the big, complex, transformational strategies our clients want, and we help to fully deliver them. By enabling innovation, raising confidence, solving difficult problems, and managing transformations end-to-end, we provide long-lasting results for our clients.
We serve clients in a variety of industries including, but not limited to: Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility, Power & Utilities, Health Sciences & Wellness, Consumer, and Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications. Staff will have exposure to clients in a variety of these industries, unless they choose to specifically focus on the government and public sector industry. Staff who choose to join the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice and will work exclusively with federal clients, as well as state and local agencies and higher education institutions.
When you join our Consulting practice as a staff, you're a part of our Consultant Development Program. You'll be provided learning opportunities, technical competency training, and coaching to develop core consulting skills. While you'll be aligned to a specific track, this Program will enable differential experiences through varied account and engagement alignments.
Your key responsibilities
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients and understanding their unique ambitions and needs to deliver reliable, tailored advice
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business processes and requirements, performing root cause analyses, developing business cases, and gathering information
- Monitoring and managing project progress and risks, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Having a strong focus on building a reputation as an authoritative expert in your area by constantly updating your understanding of current business and industry trends
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality deliverables, while working under supervision
- Constantly considering, sharing, and implementing new ways to improve our products and processes
- Design of transformation frameworks to manage business wide transformations that impacts customers and/or employees
- Design of business process, requirements and methodologies to support program and portfolio management
- Design of an agile methodology to support large, complex, cross-border transformations with necessary structures to scale
- Building and deploying technical systems / tools to support business transformation and automation
- Partner with product teams to improve the way technical systems / tools are used and maintained
- Execute key PMO functions including schedule management, status reporting, risk/issues/change management, financial management or benefits management
- Support organizations to exert better control over their portfolios and investment decision making
- Support the effective management, execution and monitoring of agile teams to ensure high performance and deliver value
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Operations, Industrial Engineering, Business, Information Systems, Management, Finance, or a government-related major (Political Science, Public Policy, International Affairs)
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- The flexibility and willingness to work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job, may vary by location and can be up to 80%
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S
- Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice must have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.