The VP of Consumer Engagement Marketing role is a critical role influencing “C” consumers within a complex B2B2C setting. The VP will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of our consumer segment engagement. This includes market research, strategy development, tactical planning, vendor management and internal/shareholder engagement and management.
Consumer marketing within our B2B2C environment requires a creative and collaborative approach working with over 50 client partners to deliver their brand to their customers. This role will work closely with Product & Technology, Client Marketing and the Chief Marketing Officer as well as selective agencies and vendors.
We expect this role to help us move along the digitalization journey influencing consumers to increasingly use digital channels when requesting service. We also expect this role to help build the underlying awareness, and challenge the misperceptions rampant in the industry, that act as barriers to category usage. And finally, this role will investigate and help launch a direct-to-consumer channel to activate consumers not covered by our client partners.
This role is directly supporting the corporate growth strategy with direct involvement of the entire senior leadership team as well as several active board members.
The Day to Day:
- Designs, conducts and analyzes market research to understand current status quo, barrier and drivers to awareness and usage
- Develops opportunities plans for each segment of the market and manages a steering committee through prioritization and refinement of objectives
- Creates a bottoms-up plan for financial resource required matched with potential ROI over 1, 3, 5 year planning
- Reports progress to Board and other senior stakeholders on a monthly basis, champions consumer engagement marketing throughout the organization
- Attends frequent client reviews, spreading the value story of consumer engagement
- Leads all efforts to improve client to customer branded CRM
- Contribute to the development of appropriate linkages between marketing function and other disciplines within the organization.
Education, Experience & Other Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s a plus.
- 5+ years experience in complex B2B2C marketing with at least 2 years in a leadership role in marketing programs or operations.
- Must have experience at a top tier brand name B2C digital organization
- Creative strategic thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with good organization skills required.
- Manages complex relationships requiring leadership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple business units and departments.
- Possesses excellent teamwork skills with an ability to overcome obstacles to consistently achieve results on time and budget.
- High energy and flexibility; ability to thrive in a growing business and ever-changing environment.