The VP, Finance, Real Estate plays a lead role in the strategic and financial planning for the Real Estate business function. This person will be a key member of the leadership team and partners closely with the President of Real Estate, providing consolidation of results into the total company P&L. This individual must be able to manage and optimize reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes, while proactively identifying opportunities for improved results and providing the necessary analysis to guide a wide range of decisions. This role also drives change management and accountability through process, systems, and reporting improvements to provide more transparency and visibility into current and future financial results.
- Serve as the finance leader demonstrating a relentless focus on driving enhanced business results.
- Engage in partnership with the President of Finance and the rest of the functional leadership team on company performance.
- Lead regular reviews of the portfolio and maintain and evolve P&Ls and department overhead plans.
- Develop monthly P&L forecast. Validate and analyze monthly results and identify any necessary action steps in response to variances.
- Maintain on time and accurate deliverables to the Real Estate team for monthly forecast and close reporting.
- Lead the creation of reporting packages to provide business partners with timely and easy-to understand summaries of financial results. Highlight results to the leadership team and provide recommended actions.
- Serve as a champion for cost management and waste reduction across the company. Drive processes to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Develop the long-range plan in partnership with the President of Real Estate helping to establish long-term goals for the business and to identify and quantify the initiatives to achieve them.
- Represent Real Estate Finance on various cross-functional project teams.
- Minimum 10 years of finance and accounting experience, ideally with experience in real estate and large capital projects. Experience with retail financials is a plus.
- Exceptional results orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership, in a lower-resource environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills and a proven ability to connect data analysis with business issues and decisions. Advanced Excel and modeling skills. Experience with Smart View / ESSBASE and Oracle Financials preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail. Able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment and re-prioritize with ease.
- Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment. Excellent collaborative skills and people management skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with senior leadership effectively.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Experience leading teams.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related business field.