The Vice President, Global Real Estate and Workplace Solutions is responsible for leading and overseeing Company facilities & real estate planning across all global business units. This role will work collaboratively with other leaders to ensure a consistent and standardized process wherever possible. You will be responsible for everything from real estate selection, design, and buildout, including laboratory and piloting facilities, to daily operations & vendor management. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record with achievements in managing multiple, parallel projects with minimal direction, developing teams, operating effectively with a disciplined budget, and improving services.
- • Lead a team of professionals to develop and optimize facilities across the global business to meet our operating plan in terms of space-capacity management and site services.
- • Manage and develop our global real estate portfolio, developing metrics and utilizing benchmarks to optimize opportunities, identify trends & evaluate risks.
- • Oversee lease management including broker relationships, negotiation of terms & renewals, and obtain appropriate financial/legal sign-offs.
- • Ensure office and lab assets are developed on time and budget
- • Create a thoughtful and comprehensive workplace, lease, and space planning forecast based on existing footprint and scenarios for future footprint and business needs, aligned with Company’ mission.
- • Lead all efforts to develop and execute facility standards, strategies, policies, and procedures.
- • Implement vendor selection guidelines, manage vendor service contracts, periodic and ongoing performance & financial reviews, conduct RFP’s, and monitor the performance of the team, including service providers.
- • Oversee and execute on-target financial budget of various sites; partner with Finance to track monthly and quarterly metrics.
- • A strong “Bias to Action” to innovate to break logjams
- • Global, 15+ years’ experience in global facility management and security services including R&D, lab, and office space
- • Experience working with cross-functional partners to develop/implement/improve complex processes from ideation to execution.
- • The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- • Deep experience in supplier selection and external vendor management.
- • Experience with long-range forecasting of physical space and vendor service needs.
- • Experience developing laboratory, technical piloting and manufacturing assets.
- • Strong leadership skills, including superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- • Experience leading Facilities and Real Estate planning functions for large, global, organizations.
- • A positive, continuous improvement attitude, excellent communication, and analytical skills.
- • Experience managing internal customers with excellent collaboration skills, strong listening skills and naturally inclusive in decision-making environments.
- • Experience with disruptive, hyper-growth is critical.