Investment Banking Vice President, Healthcare, [San Francisco or New York]
Cain Brothers, a division of KeyBanc Capital Markets, is a leading healthcare investment bank and the preeminent M&A advisor to middle-market healthcare companies. We deliver innovative ideas and solutions to our clients in mergers & acquisitions, strategic and financial advisory, and debt and equity financing from our offices across the country. Our deep knowledge of the industry is matched with the knowhow needed to efficiently execute the most complex transactions. With our exclusive focus on healthcare services and information technology, as well as medical technology and life sciences, we have an unobstructed view of this rapidly evolving industry that enables us to provide unique perspectives to our clients.
Cain Brothers focuses on a culture of collaboration to provide the very best service to its clients and a working environment that is professionally rewarding to all employees. The firm is dedicated to professional development and advancement at all levels.
Cain Brothers is currently seeking to hire a Vice President for the [San Francisco/New York] office[s].
Vice Presidents play a critical role in the execution of the group’s engagements. In collaboration with senior bankers, Vice Presidents are responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of transactions. The Vice President role provides extensive exposure to senior bankers and the senior leadership of our clients, including private equity/venture capital firms, both in the execution and origination of business. Cain Brothers’ intent for Vice Presidents is the eventual promotion to client coverage and the role is supported by a comprehensive mentorship program and strong career path growth to Director and Managing Director.
- Assist in the origination and execution of client engagements, including buy- and sell-side M&A, public and private equity and debt financings, and valuation / fairness opinions;
- Oversee the development of initial pitch books and transactional materials related to M&A and advisory transactions;
- Manage and execute tasks related to comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses;
- Lead due diligence meetings and processes;
- Oversee as well as mentor Associates and Analysts on deal teams;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the trends and competitive dynamics within the healthcare sector;
- Travel to client offices and operating sites throughout the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of investment banking experience or MBA with two to four years of investment banking experience, preferably with a focus on M&A transactions in the healthcare sector;
- Strong interest in gaining domain expertise in the U.S. healthcare industry;
- Extensive financial modeling experience in M&A;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment;
- Strong work ethic;
- Must be willing to travel;
- Series 79 and 63 licenses preferred.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.