Company’ Technology Investment Banking Group, one of the largest and fastest-growing investment banking franchises on Wall Street, provides a full range of investment banking services to public and private companies, as well as Venture Capital, Private Equity and Sovereign Wealth firms. We are passionate technologists and advisors that always stand by our clients. The team brings together deep global industry knowledge and decades of execution experience to provide advice, market insight, creative transaction opportunities and structures to help our clients achieve their goals. Partnership with clients includes IPOs and other equity and equity-linked financings, M&A advice and execution, restructuring, defense advisory as well as world-class trading and research franchises dedicated to the Technology sector.
Position: We are seeking a 1st or 2nd year Vice President that wants to build a long-term career in Software Investment Banking and to contribute significantly by helping us continue building a global business in the largest and most strategic area of the Technology sector. This role will provide a path to Managing Director.
You will partner with the leadership of the Software and Technology teams, many of whom have 25+ years of experience across hundreds of deals. We collaborate with our colleagues in Europe, India/SEA, Hong Kong and Latin America to advise a truly global client base. Software has eaten the world!
Our team has a proven history of providing exceptional mentorship, viewing all team members without title in their roles, encouraging everyone to work “a level above” and empowering those ready with the opportunity to engage in sourcing activities as they look ahead to more revenue generating positions. As part of the Software Investment Banking team, you will have the opportunity, and ultimately be expected, to present to management teams and boards for both business development and formal pitches.
- Work closely with the senior Software leadership team, across application and infrastructure software
- Lead the execution of M&A, equity offerings and leveraged buyouts in collaboration with other product and coverage partners
- Drive content creation for sector theme pieces as you build out your coverage/thesis areas
- Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, financial models, confidential information memorandum, management presentations, lender presentations and prospectuses
- Develop client relationships through deal execution, pitching, and primary coverage with the support of a deep and broad team of experienced advisors
- Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, LBO, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable company analysis
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and under tight deadlines
- Manage associates and analysts on transactions and engage in cross-sector and cross-product collaboration to achieve successful client outcomes
- Develop effective working relationships and demonstrate a strong commitment to Company’ goals and values
Software Investment Banking Vice President Job Requirements:
- A passion for Technology and a desire to build a career advising Software clients
- 3+ years of experience in Technology Investment Banking
- Extensive experience with completed sell-side M&A mandates for private and public companies, and IPOs including running processes, creating marketing material, interacting with management, buyers and investors, and building detailed financial models
- Stellar management capabilities including managing a team of Analysts and Associates as well as multiple transactions across products, simultaneously
- Must be a proactive, intelligent and creative thinker, adept at quickly learning about new markets and areas of Software to develop a thesis-driven view
- Demonstrated capability to lead and manage projects
- A desire to work hard, win, and have fun while doing it
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical/financial skills as well as outstanding communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both large and small group settings
- Excellent organizational, execution and time management skills
- Team player with competitive drive, motivated self-starter with collaborative and a team-oriented approach to success
- Fluency in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- U.S. work authorization
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, MBA is a plus
- FINRA Series 63 and 79 registration