Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the overall strategy, development, and execution of global production for the company. The VP Manufacturing will build and lead all aspects of the manufacturing organization, including product engineering, production test development, materials sourcing and planning, purchasing, supply chain management, device manufacturing, and inventory control. This role will own the design installation and roll-out of the new manufacturing line that will make the worlds most advanced and sustainable green battery.
- Collaborate in creating long-range product roadmap and future vision to ensure manufacturing readiness
- Identify, evaluate, qualify and deploy production equipment and facilities that will enable steep product ramps to truly epic volumes.
- Define and own aggressive KPIs for quality, performance, delivery, and cost for all products
- Work with R&D during development to ensure product manufacturability & scalability
- Drive NPI from pilot to production via successful tech transfer and manufacturing verification tests
- Work alongside business development to establish and deliver company production schedule
- Be the change agent driving continuous improvement for the company
- Assist in building a best-in-class quality department
- Develop and own all relationships with key equipment suppliers
- Develop and own all relationships key manufacturing supply-chain partners
- Ability and desire to be hands-on one moment and operate at a strategic level in the next.
- Diverse experience including leadership of product engineering, manufacturing, and operations.
- Experience in deploying and managing ISO-compliant processes and organizations.
- Demonstrated world-class execution of complicated product launches on tight product schedules.
- Engineering familiarity or expertise with some or all of: batteries / electrochemistry, electrical engineering as it pertains to test system development, mechanical / packaging engineering.
- Experience in selection and continuous improvement of global manufacturers and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrochemistry or engineering and minimum 15 years industry experience.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE QUALITIES
- Direct battery industry experience
- Experience in production of wet chemistry processes
- Six Sigma and Lean certifications
- ISO 9000, 9001 experience and implementation
- Expertise at rolling out and managing ERP systems
- Advanced degree in electrochemistry or engineering
- Supplier and equipment maker contract negotiation experience