We offer a Bachelor's in Applied Computer Science degree equipping graduates with the skills needed to succeed as software engineers at large tech companies and fast growing startups. Our average starting salary is on part with top CS universities in the country and 35% of our students are underrepresented students of color. Our alumni work at Facebook, Google, Apple, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Lyft and more. Our financial aid program protects students against unemployment and underemployment, ensuring student debt is held at affordable levels. Company is funded by Learn Capital, Y Combinator, Kapor Capital, Alexis Ohanian, Tim Draper and others.
We are looking to hire a VP of Finance to join the senior leadership team of the company and manage a team of 2 direct reports to oversee the following functions:
- Student Financing & Financial Aid Disbursements
- Legal & Regulatory
- Real Estate & Facilities
- General Administration
- Select aspects of HR (namely, compensation and benefits)
The role will be remote until Summer 2021, after which it will be on-site in San Francisco.
We are looking for someone with the following (if you have most but not all of these, we still encourage you to apply):
- 8+ years work experience in tech, finance (higher ed), or consulting
- Experience at institutions participating in Title IV
- Experience in a finance leadership role at a $10m+ revenue business
- Experience optimizing unit economics and managing tight budgets
- Experience managing a team of 5+ people
- FP&A and financial modeling expertise
- Experience working alongside corporate counsel
- Passion for education
This role will give you a unique opportunity to reinvent higher education financing through our work with Income Share Agreements, Expanded Income Based Repayment protections for student loans, and tackle the regulatory hurdles of building a new college. You’ll be responsible for keeping the wheels on the bus as we scale from 250 to 1000 students. You’ll have the opportunity to grow with the school, building out a larger finance and operations team and interfacing with our board.