- Bring your relevant consumer/retail/e-commerce experience and a strong point of view as a key member of the executive leadership team.
- Support, challenge, and influence the CEO & Executive team in setting strategy, day-to-day decision support and setting and achieving company goals.
- Partner with the Founders, Board, and Executive team, on a wide variety of issues: Strategic advisor on sales, marketing and pricing/promotion strategies, financial problem solver, ongoing optimization of our operating performance and key advisor in all investment decisions (product, people, marketing,systems, external partnerships, etc.)
- Hire, train, develop and inspire a high performing team that contributes to a culture of teamwork and commitment to the company’s success
- Provide support to each function lead in developing and executing plans to grow revenue profitably
- Manage, monitor and continually optimize defining and reporting on key KPIs to share with each function head and overall company
- Optimize working capital with particular focus on Inventory turns and marketing ROI
- Manage annual financial planning processes: Long Range Planning, Annual Budgets, Monthly forecasts and Quarterly Board Presentations
- Help to lead the planning and execution of debt and equity financing rounds, including interacting with investment banks and potential investors
- Develop processes, vendor relationships and operations infrastructure to efficiently and effectively manage the company’s current operations as well as plan for future growth
- Work closely with the Controller on the monthly close Process, cash flow, banking relationships, and all statutory reporting.
- Lead efficient annual Audit process and manage relationships with outside Audit Partner/Team; Communicate findings to Executive Team and Board.
- Ensure all tax and regulatory reporting requirements are met and execution of adequate internal controls
- Improve financial reporting processes and ensure proper accounting systems in accordance with GAAP
- 10+ years of senior financial and/or operational experience in consumer/product driven business, ideally in eCommerce. Broad mix of start-up to larger, matrix organizations preferred.
- BS or BA, preferably in Business Management or a related field. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Collaborative nature as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines
- Proven strategic thinker and problem solver when it comes to competitive strategy, business models and resource allocation
- A “player-coach” who can both manage teams and get into the weeds when necessary
- Understand and deal with complex accounting issues, including those unique to a retail business and an online presence
- Strong inventory management experience
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven mindset
- Track record of building and developing strong teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency: nothing in the universe will get in the way of delivering your goals
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment