We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, continue reading!
- Report financial results accurately and in a timely manner
- Estimate future performance and measure relative results on a regular basis
- Analyze output and implement learnings for improved operational performance and forecasting accuracy
As our VP, Finance you will primarily lead strategic financial planning, forecasting and reporting & analysis. As a growth company with our first launched consumer product, you will strengthen the foundations for both revenue and cost accounting, identify and track key financial metrics, while also managing budgets. Company also manufactures and controls the supply chain for its product. A successful candidate would have strong experience in manufacturing and supply chain analysis and optimization. You will devise and manage our annual operating plan to ensure Company achieves important financial goals and milestones. This position is a leadership role reporting to the COO. Your primary focus is on ensuring solid internal metrics and numbers, team management and executive and board-level communications.
What You'll Do
- Financial Metrics and Internal Numbers. You will run the “internal finance shop,” confirm a working financial model for the company, and be responsible for perfecting and tracking the right financial metrics for our business.
- FP&A: You will own the financial planning for the company and provide regular updates to the management team. Initially, we would expect you to establish best practices in the FP&A function by yourself. Over time, however, we expect you will grow the FP&A function by hiring, mentoring, and coaching internal team members and external partners.
- Business Strategy Partnership: You will collaborate with the management team in developing and informing the overall business strategy, specifically the company’s business model and monetization strategy. You will lead strategic modeling, including liquidity planning and capacity planning.
- Team Management. You are expected to own accounting and cost accounting, including the supervision and growth of the current team.
- Communication. You will produce crisp summaries and dashboards with backup. You will distill with simplicity and verbalize for the executive team and board members on a regular basis.
- Budgeting and Planning: You will drive the budgeting and planning process and manage financial risks, working with external consultants and accounting/tax/audit professionals as necessary. You will oversee monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability across the company.
- IR: You will manage investor relations with existing investors and assist the management team in building relationships with future potential investors/Wall Street and fundraising efforts, as needed.
- ERP Implementation: Play a leadership role in the selection and implementation of new systems, including a transition to a full ERP system.
About You - Required Qualifications
- Experience delivering at the highest level, on at least a couple of the key responsibilities above at a high-growth company, with commercial products.
- Strong proficiency with manufacturing and supply chain operations, fine-grain tracking of COGS, inventory, CapEx, debt and associated key numbers
- Prior deep experience in FP&A at a high-growth venture-backed company. You are comfortable supervising accounting, but you do not need to be an accountant
- High EQ and meaningful experience building and leading high-impact teams
- Exposure to a wide variety of financial planning tools
- Exceptionally strong analysis and problem-solving skills coupled with sound business acumen
- Solid track record of outstanding academic and professional performance, CFA, MBA, or public accounting background preferred
- Attention to detail. You tuck-and-tie and own the numbers
- Responsiveness. You are on top of things
- Strong Communication skills. You have comfort giving regular verbal, deck, and model walk-throughs. You have a proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with (and present to) executive teams, investors, and similar audiences.