As the leader of our Financial Operations, you 'll provide insight, leadership, and judgment in identifying and executing long-term value creation strategies for Mode. You will partner with leaders across all operating areas to drive exceptional near-term operating performance. You 'll also be responsible for GAAP reporting, financial systems and internal controls, investor relations, supporting the board and management decision making with insightful reporting on the operating and financial progress of the business, leading forecasting and budgeting processes, accounting, strategic finance and analysis, tax, and compliance.
What you 'll do
- Act as a senior business partner to Founder and CEO.
- Own all financial aspects of the organization from FP&A through Accounting, Strategic Finance, etc. Leverage these functions to build and manage a long-term plan for the business capable of enabling continued growth at scale.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize the appropriate financial systems, tools, and resources required to support all of the financial planning, management, and reporting needs of the business.
- Work across the executive team to develop robust KPIs for company's functional leadership. Capture financial measures and metrics that will help functional leaders manage the day to day of their organizations and be aligned with the operating plan. Work with CEO to help manage the team to these metrics.
- Help company uncover and size new opportunities and modify the plan accordingly in an efficient manner.
- Act as the accountability hub for financial goals and ROI by department; define clear targets on what is good and under what time horizon.
- Build and hire a cohesive and diverse finance team at all levels.
What we look for
- Track record of successful execution of core finance business functions including compliance, controls, accurate data, and systems integration.
- Expertise in FP&A, including multi-year looks on the business; experience with business scenario planning, leveraging upside, managing risk and fixed cost containment.
- Have driven or been a key business partner in fundraising for venture backed companies.
- Honest, straightforward, and effective communicator.
- Data-driven mindset
- Track record of building strong teams and leading/influencing others in a performance-driven culture. You are a credible teacher and coach, and lead with transparency and integrity.
- Relentless intellectual curiosity about how things work, from strategy to details. They are also a doer, quick to roll up their sleeves and become involved in the details of the business.
- Alignment with company's valules.