We are looking for a financial executive with strong business acumen who thinks strategically and is results driven. As our new VP of Finance, you will lead the company’s financial planning, budget, and cash management and ensure that company accounting procedures, transactions and reporting conform to GAAP.
- Oversee general and cost accounting operations and ensure that the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, including review of monthly journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Primary interface to auditors.
- Oversee banking operations, payroll, stock administration, tax reporting and insurance.
- Lead Financial Planning & Analysis activities: strategic financial planning, annual budget setting, actual versus budget analysis and reporting, forecasts and outlook, scenario planning, financial reporting for board of directors.
- Support the C-level team in financing activities.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain internal controls for key processes.
- Provide business support for contract negotiations.
-Build the finance team, as needed, and create a high performing culture that is seen as a strength of the company.
- 15+ years of financial leadership experience; life sciences tools industry experience strongly preferred.
- BS degree in Finance or Business.
- MBA and/or CPA license is a plus.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management, and other functions within the organization.
- Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking.
- Ability to use critical thinking and strong business acumen to make sound business decisions.
- Proven experience on building a team and working in a collaborative manner.