ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Vice President of Finance is responsible for supporting company strategic growth, and making value-added recommendations to enhance the company's general accounting and financial operations to scale across new service lines and geographies. In this role you will build out our financial organization to achieve our business goals and be a key member of our leadership team, overseeing our financial planning process on a quarterly and annual cadence. Our deal candidates will be excited about working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial startup environment and have experience in corporate finance with a high-growth organization.
HOW YOU’LL HAVE IMPACT:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls, and play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvements.
- Establish and maintain documentation of internal controls, policies, and procedures related to financial reporting and compliance.
- Drive alignment, focus, and outcomes across all functions with financial planning, budget management, compliance, controls, and analytical insight.
- Manage the financial health of the business by partnering with teams focus on strong ROI investments and optimizing costs.
- Lead all financial reporting – Monthly, Quarterly, Annually.
- Develop, lead and adjust according to business needs, the Company’s financial strategy (equity, debt, credit lines and more.
- Be a strategic partner during fundraising sessions, represent historical data and prepare future looking strategic models for key and potential investors.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including modeling and forecasting
- Ability to gain organizational support for process improvement recommendations using solid planning and influencing skills and provide training.
- Proven experience building, mentoring and leading distributed teams with a strong finance culture and cadence.
- Strong managerial experience with ability to roll up sleeves to get directly involved in the work. You can easily transition from the work at hand to strategic, long-term thinking.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally to create common knowledge and generate buy-in and influence towards recommended decisions.
- Exceptional communication: Actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- You love using data to drive decision making and enjoy working on a results-oriented team.
NICE TO HAVES:
- 8+ years of progressive experience within the finance function
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, and the proven ability to build and scale successful teams
- Prior experience in a like staged start-up
- Experience in healthcare